REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 3, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- Some of the world's most successful and innovative companies are motivating their employees and engaging their customers with powerful game dynamics enabled by solutions from Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification.
- Terra Global, CrowdFlower and Think Through Learning -- companies of all sizes and in starkly different industries -- have recently turned to Bunchball's gamification solutions to apply proven game mechanics in ways that help each company meet its unique business goals.
- Terra Global, a leading global digital media company, relies on Bunchball Nitro to gamify its online portals, which provide news, entertainment and sports content to more than 100 million people in 19 countries across the Americas and Europe. Using gamification to engage more users within the coveted teen and young adult age groups, Terra Global encourages sports fans to sign in via Facebook and then rewards them for watching videos, reading articles and posting comments about soccer, F-1 racing and tennis.
- CrowdFlower, the leading micro-task crowdsourcing platform, launched a worker motivation program powered by Bunchball Nitro and aimed at improving quality and satisfaction of its online workforce of more than 3.5 million workers. By gamifying the dashboard, used by contributors hired to solve a problem or complete a microtask, CrowdFlower encourages and rewards superior work. By tracking badges earned by top contributors, CrowdFlower can offer better workers higher paying projects.
- Think Through Learning Inc., an education technology innovator, is using Bunchball Nitro to enhance its uniquely personalized and motivational approach to teaching mathematics at thinkthroughmath.com. Using Bunchball Nitro's proven game mechanics such as missions, challenges, levels and rewards, Think Through Learning motivates students to complete their lesson pathways, and creates a sense of achievement for students throughout their learning experience.
- Bunchball's gamification solutions shape the behavior of employees, customers and learners by applying the dynamics of competition and achievement through the use of goal-setting, real-time feedback, competition, status and recognition.
- Refined by more than five years of R&D and 44 releases, Nitro is the world's most advanced gamification engine. Companies use Nitro to develop custom programs to engage audiences across any combination of websites, enterprise apps, social media pages and mobile experiences. Nitro currently serves up to 70 million unique users and 2.3 billion actions each month.
- Bunchball also enables out-of-the-box gamification through its line of Integrated Nitro Solutions built for fast deployment and for solving specific business problems. These turnkey applications come with pre-built presentation pages, pre-configured point economies, and an optimized admin console.
Attributable to Tales Viegas, Social Media IT Coordinator, Terra Global
"We launched our Bunchball-powered MyBadges initiative to coincide with our non-stop coverage of the 2012 Olympic Games. In the first three weeks after gamifying our portals, we saw our registrations leap from 1 million users to 3 million. Many of these users belong to the audience we've been working hardest to attract: young consumers who connect and share with peers via social networks like Facebook. Bunchball won our business because its Nitro platform is flexible and scalable enough for us to grow our gamification experience well beyond where it is today."
Attributable to Lukas Biewald, CEO, CrowdFlower
"We started CrowdFlower on the premise that we could use smarter statistical analysis to collect high quality data from the crowd. While math alone goes a long way, we've observed that quality in crowdsourcing comes from clearly communicating the problem we are asking someone to solve and then motivating the worker to do a great job. Gamifying our contributor dashboards with Bunchball Nitro helps that effort by keeping contributors motivated and rewarded, and by letting them track their progress over time. Our contributors tell us they love the experience, and the Bunchball platform has proven to be easy to deploy, scale and personalize as our needs evolve."
Attributable to Kevin McAliley, CEO, Think Through Learning
"At Think Through Learning, we believe that success in mathematics transforms the way students perform in school and beyond. The way to achieve that transformation is to provide every student with a completely personalized learning experience that keeps them moving forward. By adding Bunchball's game mechanics to thinkthroughmath.com, we're infusing the experience of acquiring math skills with the thrill of achievement, recognition and reward. Everyone loves to succeed; with Bunchball Nitro, success for our students is closer at hand than ever."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.