RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it ranks #2 on the Triangle Business Journal's annual "Best Places to Work" in Research Triangle Park (RTP) list for 2012. NetApp received this honor in the Giant Companies category, which includes companies of 1,000 employees or more. This marks the eighth year that NetApp has made this distinguished list and the fourth time it has been ranked in the top five.
Companies featured on the Triangle Business Journal's "Best Place to Work" list for 2012 were chosen based on an anonymous employee survey conducted by Quantum Market Research in which NetApp employees in Research Triangle Park gave the company high marks for its team-oriented work environment, exceptional people practices, strong executive leadership, and effective managerial relationships.
NetApp Believes That Culture Is the Source of Sustainable Differentiation
- The Triangle Business Journal honored NetApp as one of 35 companies selected as "Best Places to Work" in Research Triangle Park.
- This ranking in RTP follows NetApp's #6 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2012 and its #3 ranking on the "World's Best Multinational Workplaces" list by the Great Place to Work Institute.
- With NetApp's #2 ranking in Research Triangle Park, the company now ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 18 different regions around the world, including:
- Austria: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Switzerland: #1
- Australia: #2
- Europe: #2
- France: #2
- Germany: #2
- Japan: #2
- Canada: #3
- Dallas: #3
- Chicago: #4
- Pennsylvania: #5
- New York: #6
- United Kingdom: #5
- United States: #6
- Washington, DC: #7
- Netherlands: #8
- Minnesota: #10
- As announced on August 23, 2012, NetApp RTP will create more than 400 new jobs over four years and plans to invest more than $70 million into a new data center, which will leverage the latest virtualization solutions to build a private cloud environment and provide virtual access for NetApp engineering labs around the world. This initiative was made possible by receiving a Job Development Investment Grant from the state of North Carolina.
- Today NetApp RTP has approximately 1,500 full-time employees and 150 contractors; is the second largest site behind Sunnyvale, California, headquarters; and is the third largest site globally. The RTP location includes a 24/7 global service and support center, along with engineering, inside sales organizations, product management, and many other functions.
- NetApp first opened its RTP location in 1999 and in 2005 expanded operations with the opening of the NetApp RTP Technology Center. NetApp continued its growth by unveiling the RTP Dynamic Data Center in 2009.
- Denise Cox, Senior Vice President, Global Support, NetApp
"NetApp has had a long and successful presence in RTP, and we are excited to be selected by the Triangle Business Journal as one of the best places to work in the Research Triangle Park area. NetApp's unique corporate culture fosters an environment where employees can innovate in everything they do to help our customers and partners achieve business success."
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with NetApp's community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.