SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 8, 2014) -
- More enterprises rely on Cascading as critical infrastructure to make the most of the business of data
- Cascading production base increases to more than 6,000 deployments, 30,000 users and 130,000 downloads per month
- Continued innovation, including the introduction of Cascading 2.5, Cascading Lingual 1.0 and strategic partnerships drives company momentum
Concurrent, Inc., the enterprise Big Data application platform company, finished a stellar 2013 with unprecedented growth and innovative solutions for the enterprise. The company continues to pave the way for enterprise Big Data application development on Apache Hadoop™ with rapid adoption of its Cascading application platform, along with the introduction of open source projects Cascading Lingual 1.0, Cascading Pattern and Cascading 2.5. Additional yearly milestones include $4 million in Series A funding, continued expansion of the company's leadership team and new strategic partnerships, as well as overwhelming successes seen by Cascading users.
Cascading has become the platform of choice for tackling enterprise Big Data processing needs in an effort to connect growing volumes of data stored with business strategy. With rapid and increasing demand for businesses to derive more from data, Cascading provides a practical and reliable platform for enterprises to leverage existing skillsets, software investments and systems to build enterprise-class applications on Hadoop, thereby lowering the barrier to adoption and facilitating execution of their data strategies. With Cascading, enterprises can apply Java, SQL and predictive modeling investments, and combine the respective outputs of multiple departments into a single enterprise data application.
Corporate, Project and Partnership Milestones
- Secured $4 million in Series A funding in March 2013, following a $900,000 seed investment in August 2011.
- Expanded leadership team with the appointments of Gary Nakamura as CEO, Paul O'Leary as vice president of engineering and Brian Lazear as vice president of product management.
- Launched Cascading 2.1 and Cascading 2.5, the most widely used and deployed application platform for building robust, enterprise Big Data applications on Hadoop, with full support and compatibility for Hadoop 2, including YARN.
- Launched Cascading Lingual 1.0, a free open source project that delivers ANSI-SQL technology to easily build new and integrate existing applications onto Hadoop while using any traditional BI solution.
- Launched Cascading Pattern, a free, open source, standard-based scoring engine that enables analysts and data scientists to quickly deploy machine-learning applications via PMML or an API.
- Increased Cascading user downloads from 50,000 to more than 130,000 per month.
- Empowered overwhelming user successes, including Twitter's IPO and the $930 million acquisition of the Climate Corporation by Monsanto.
- Added new strategic partnerships with technology leaders including Hortonworks, MapR, Think Big Analytics and Qubole.
- Released the hands-on introductory book 'Enterprise Data Workflows with Cascading,' published by O'Reilly Media.
"The past year was a great one for Concurrent, marked by several significant project releases, partnership announcements as well as overwhelming enterprise adoption. As more and more enterprises realize that they are in the business of data, only Cascading offers the complete toolbox for quick and easy Big Data application development on Hadoop. We look forward to seeing more success in 2014 as Cascading continues its momentum in the market."
- Gary Nakamura, CEO, Concurrent, Inc.
Concurrent Announces 2014 Big Data Predictions
Curious to know what's in store for Big Data in 2014? Check out Concurrent's top 2014 industry predictions at: http://bit.ly/1aZorQh
About Concurrent, Inc.
Concurrent, Inc. is the enterprise Big Data application platform company. Concurrent simplifies Big Data application development, deployment and management on Apache Hadoop. We are the company behind Cascading, the most widely used and deployed technology for building Big Data applications with more than 130,000 user downloads a month. Enterprises including Twitter, eBay, The Climate Corporation, Square and Etsy rely on Concurrent's technology to drive their Big Data deployments. Concurrent is headquartered in San Francisco. Visit Concurrent online at http://concurrentinc.com.