OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 4, 2012) -
Editors Note: Three images are associated with this press release.
Corel® today announced CorelCAD™ 2013, the latest version of its powerful and affordable CAD design solution. Adding full compatibility with the new AutoCAD® .DWG 2013 file format, CorelCAD 2013 gives engineers, designers and architects precise 2D drafting capabilities and a variety of customizable 2D and 3D design tools. The new alignment and revision tools, DGN Underlay functionality and in-place text editing, allow users to design with even more accuracy. CorelCAD 2013 also offers improved performance and speed, support for the latest Windows and Mac operating systems and a native 64-bit Windows version.
"CorelCAD 2013 continues to be one of the most cost-effective CAD solutions available for small-to-medium businesses and larger enterprises today. It's a powerful and comprehensive CAD solution with innovative tools that are easy-to-use, understand and implement for day-to-day 2D and 3D design projects," said Klaus Vossen, Product Manager for Technical Graphics at Corel. "CorelCAD 2013 is also an ideal solution for users in the architecture, engineering, manufacturing and design communities who rely on full compatibility when importing and exporting CorelDRAW and Corel DESIGNER file formats."
CorelCAD Communicates Ideas with Precision Tools
The latest version is a highly productive CAD product that has added new industry standard file support, advanced functionality, performance enhancements and intuitive tools that improve the design workflow. Key new features of CorelCAD 2013 include:
- AutoCAD .DWG 2013 Support: Open, work with and save files in .DWG format natively - full compatibility, support, features and CorelCAD file attributes
- Native 64-bit Windows Support: With the new 64-bit version of CorelCAD 2013, manage and process large files with a significant increase in workflow performance
- Enhanced Performance and Speed: Increased efficiency allows improved memory use that will expedite the loading process for large files
- Align Viewport Tool: Easily arrange the elements of a drawing to gain better, more accurate alignment in sheets - the viewports are aligned by the geometry on the inside of the viewport
- Revision Cloud Tool: Simplify the review and revision process by using the Cloud command to create revision clouds that highlight areas to be edited - accentuate with specific shapes or freehand clouds
- DGN Underlay: As with PDF Underlay, you can now insert Microstation .DGN files as referenced drawing, specify layer visibility, clip (mask) DGN Underlay and align new drawing elements to objects in a DGN Underlay
- In-place Text Editing: Edit text directly on screen to modify the definitions of components and view the changes in real-time
- Automation Capabilities: Use the VSTA (Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications) Manager Toolbar to record, edit, and run VSTA macros that will perform repetitive tasks or automate command sequences. Plus, utilize the support for continued Lisp commands to avoid extra programming steps
- More OS Support: The latest operating systems including Windows 8 and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) are now supported
CorelCAD Delivers an Affordable CAD Solution to Businesses of All Sizes
"I've been using CorelCAD since it was first introduced and have been very impressed by its performance and speed. CorelCAD includes impressive features and a familiar interface that definitely makes it a smart choice for a variety of graphic users," said Scott Davis, Owner of Davis Drafting & Design. "The native .DWG support allows me to work with all of my documents and with 3D modeling - CorelCAD delivers well beyond what other, more expensive CAD solutions offer for my business."
Pricing and Availability
CorelCAD 2013 is available starting today in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian-Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean. North American pricing is $699 (USD and CAD). Registered users of the first version of CorelCAD are eligible for an upgrade price of $199 (USD and CAD). Education and volume licenses are available.
Media & Blogger Resources
For additional CorelCAD resources including reviewer's materials, images and videos, please visit www.corel.com/newsroom/corelcad.
Meet the CorelCAD Community
• Connect with CorelCAD on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/corelcad
• Follow our updates @CorelCAD
Corel is one of the world's top software companies providing some of the industry's best-known brands, including Roxio®, Pinnacle™ and WinZip®. Boasting the most comprehensive portfolio of graphics, productivity and digital media products, we've built a reputation for delivering innovative software that's easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of creativity and productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for innovation, design and value.
Used by millions of people around the world, our product lines include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter™, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, Pinnacle Studio™, Roxio Creator®, Roxio® Toast® and WinZip®. For more information on Corel, please visit www.corel.com.
© 2012 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, the Corel Balloon logo, CorelCAD, CorelDRAW, Corel DESIGNER, PaintShop, Painter, Pinnacle, Roxio, Roxio Creator, Toast, VideoStudio and WordPerfect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. WinZip is a registered trademark of WinZip International LLC. All other names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
To view the first image associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20121203-CorelCAD_2013.jpg.
To view the second image associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20121203-CorelCAD_2013_Align_Viewport_Tool.jpg.
To view the third image associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20121203-CorelCAD_2013_Revision_Cloud.jpg.