OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Oct. 18, 2016) -
Editors Note: There are four photos associated with this press release.
Corel introduces CorelCAD™ 2017, the latest version of its powerful and affordable 2D and 3D computer-aided design software. Available for Windows and macOS, CorelCAD 2017 enables designers to create professional results faster than before with innovations in 2D drafting, compatibility, and customization, all delivered via a streamlined user experience.
CorelCAD 2017 expands users' drawing capabilities with updated 2D drafting tools which allow for a natural transition from 2D to advanced 3D design. An intuitive and customizable UI makes it simpler to achieve superior graphics. Collaboration with colleagues and suppliers is easy with native support for .DWG along with .DXF, .DWF, .PDF and other popular formats. Plus, get access to CorelCAD™ Mobile, the Android app that enables users to take their designs and ideas to all work environments.
"CorelCAD 2017 offers the sophisticated 2D and 3D capabilities designers need, together with powerful new drawing innovations that make it easier to quickly create exceptional results. And with the recent introduction of CorelCAD Mobile, customers now have access to a complete CAD solution to be productive anywhere. A trusted tool for engineers, designers and architects, CorelCAD offers the professional capabilities users need at an exceptional value," said Klaus Vossen, Senior Product Manager for Technical Graphics at Corel.
New CorelCAD 2017 delivers powerful design capabilities that speed and simplify the creation of 2D designs and 3D models:
- New! Centerline Construction: Easily establish exact centerlines between pairs of lines, arcs, and polyline segments.
- New! Patterns Along Paths: Take advantage of expanded drawing capabilities with the new Pattern Commands to create copies of specified objects along a path in various shapes, such as line, polyline, arc, circle, ellipse, or spline.
- New! Trimming Options: Quick cut with confidence using the handy Trim and PowerTrim tools to precisely edit hatches and solid, single-color or multicolor-gradient fills.
- New! Auto-Completion for Commands: Take advantage of a streamlined workflow with the new Auto-Completion function for command and variable names.
- New! Split Dimension: Easily divide lines with split dimension and extension lines of dimension objects where they cross other shapes. Rejoin dimension and extension lines that were previously split.
- New! Seamless Object Moves: Work more efficiently with the ChangeSpace command to move objects from the Model workspace to a Layout sheet or vice versa.
- New! Format Attribute Text with EditXBlockAttribute: Easily modify the Block Attribute values and properties of inserted Blocks within any drawing to highlight relevant information about a particular piece or component.
In addition to its powerful 2D and 3D design capabilities, CorelCAD 2017 also offers Windows users compatibility with a complete Corel technical graphics workflow with support for CorelDRAW® (CDR) and Corel DESIGNER® (DES) file formats. Import graphics from CorelDRAW, convert them into 3D models in CorelCAD and then easily integrate your designs into technical documentation with Corel DESIGNER®. Windows users also get access to a customizable UI featuring the ribbon style as well as support for Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA).
Pricing and Availability
CorelCAD 2017 is available now for Windows and macOS in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian-Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Pricing is $699 USD / $875 CAD / £696.99 / 829.99 EUR for the full version and $199 USD / $249 CAD / £204.99 / 239.99 EUR for the upgrade. UK and Euro prices include VAT. Education and volume licenses are available.
CorelCAD Mobile is included as a free, full-featured 1-year license for CorelCAD 2017 customers available through Google Play.
About CorelCAD Software
CorelCAD is an affordable and powerful CAD software solution for precise 2D drafting and 3D design. With industry-standard CAD features and advanced .DWG support, it is a true CAD solution for architectural and mechanical CAD needs. Boasting some of the industry's best-known brands, Corel's product lines also include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, CorelDRAW® Technical Suite, Corel® Painter®, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, MindManager®, Roxio®, Pinnacle™, and WinZip®. For more information about CorelCAD software, please visit www.coreldraw.com/corelcad.
© 2016 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, Corel Balloon logo, Corel DESIGNER, CorelCAD, CorelDRAW, MindManager, Painter, PaintShop, Roxio, Pinnacle, VideoStudio, and WinZip are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in Canada, the U.S. and elsewhere. Ares is a registered trademark of Graebert GmbH. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. Patents: www.corel.com/patent.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links: