OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug. 20, 2013) - Editors note: There are 3 videos accompanying this press release.
Corel today announced the fourth update to CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6. Users who have joined the CorelDRAW Membership Program either as a Premium or a Standard Member can now download the latest update. For Standard Members, the X6.4 update includes an improved font list, stability improvements, enhanced support for digital camera raw formats and general performance updates. For Premium Members, the X6.4 update also provides a revamped Insert Character Docker, a new Font Playground, additional premium cloud-based content, insights from the experts and enhanced support for Microsoft SkyDrive.
"Our goal with the introduction of the CorelDRAW Premium Membership Program is to give users early access to new features and functionality, ensure they're always up-to-date with the latest version and provide exclusive cloud-based content," said Gérard Métrailler, Sr. Director, Product Management, Graphics at Corel. "Through frequent updates since releasing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, we've delivered over 20 new features and added more than 1800 pieces of content to the premium cloud including photos, fonts, bitmap patterns and text frames."
New Features Available for Premium Members in X6.4:
- Revamped Insert Character Docker: Use the updated Insert Character docker to easily choose any associated character, symbol or glyph with a certain font
- New Font Playground: Find the right font using the new docker to preview sample text
- Enhanced Microsoft SkyDrive Support: Sync trays directly from the Tray docker in Corel® CONNECT™
- Improved Font List: Discover fonts more easily now that they are grouped by family
- Exclusive Insights from the Experts: Learn tips and tricks from the pros in this new tutorial "Designing a Font" by Mike Adkins, which covers how to create perfect letterforms
- Premium Cloud-based Content: Use any of the 500 new photos found in the cloud
- Enhanced Support for Digital Cameras: Open and import raw camera files from several new camera models
Valuable Features for Premium Members from Previous Updates:
- Inserting and Editing QR Codes: Create customizable QR codes-add text, images, colors and styles to create a unique artistic look
- Applying New Bitmap Effects: Apply new special effects to bitmap including artist effects, camera effects and texture effects
- Color Styles and Harmonies: Apply a rule to a color harmony to shift all colors according to predetermined logic and create various color combinations - includes six harmony rules and the ability to create a color harmony from scratch
- Alignment and Dynamic Guides: View, set up and modify alignment guides and dynamic guides more easily and as adjustments are made, the custom Dynamic Guides update in real-time
- Setting up Guidelines in PHOTO-PAINT™: Add, manage and modify guidelines including locking them in place, allowing for more precision with the new Guidelines docker
- Align and Distribute Docker: Access all options from one new convenient docker that replaces the original Align and Distribute dialog box
Availability and Pricing
For CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 customers in North America, a Standard Membership is free and a Premium Membership is $8.25 per month (USD and CAD) when purchased as an annual membership for $99.00 (USD and CAD).
To become a Standard or Premium Member, users must create a Corel account within CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6. Membership options are available to box and electronic download customers. Users who hold a subscription to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite are automatically enrolled as Premium Members and can download the X6.4 update from within the software.
To learn more about the CorelDRAW Membership Program, please visit www.corel.com/coreldrawmembership.
Perpetual licenses of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (both box and download versions) are available for $499 SRP (USD and CAD) and as an upgrade for $199 SRP (USD and CAD). For more information on CorelDRAW Graphics Suite or to download a free, fully functional trial version, please visit www.corel.com/coreldraw.
Meet the CorelDRAW Community
Corel is one of the world's top software companies providing some of the industry's best-known graphics, productivity and digital media products. Boasting the most comprehensive portfolio of innovative software, we've built a reputation for delivering solutions that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of creativity and productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for innovation, design and value.
Used by millions of people around the world, our product lines include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter®, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio® and Corel® WordPerfect® Office. For more information on Corel, please visit www.corel.com.
© 2013 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, the Corel Balloon logo, CorelDRAW, Painter, PaintShop, PHOTO-PAINT, VideoStudio and WordPerfect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. All other names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners. Patent: www.corel.com/patent
To view the videos accompanying this press release, click on the following links: