HAMILTON, NORWAY--(Marketwire - Nov 26, 2012) -
Correction - Please find the third quarter and nine months 2012 results
* Seadrill generates third quarter 2012 EBITDA*()) of US$574 million
* Seadrill reports third quarter 2012 net income of US$216 million and
earnings per share of US$0.40
* Seadrill distributes an increased third quarter regular cash dividend
of US$0.85 per share and also resolves to distribute an accelerated
dividend of US$0.85 per share for the fourth quarter 2012, in December
* Seadrill ordered a new ultra-deepwater drillship for an all-in cost of
* Seadrill issued US$1 billion in unsecured notes due 2017
* Seadrill announces the potential sale of 18 tender rigs to
SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd. for a total consideration of
* Seadrill Partners LLC lists its common units on the NYSE raising US$207
* Alf C.Thorkildsen resigns as CEO of Seadrill Management AS, Fredrik
Halvorsen appointed as the new CEO
* Seadrill secures a five-year commitment with Husky for the newbuild
ultra-deepwater semi-submersible rig West Mira for operations offshore
Canada, with an estimated total revenue potential of US$1.2 billion
* Seadrill secures contracts with an estimated revenue potential of
US$820 million for seven jack-up rigs, of which five are newbuilds
* Seadrill increases its ownership stake in Asia Offshore Drilling to
65.94% and submits mandatory offer for the remaining shares
* Seadrill's majority owned subsidiary, North Atlantic Drilling Ltd.
submits its initial registration statement to the SEC
* A subsidiary of Seadrill signs a Letter of Agreement (LOA) to acquire
the ultra-deepwater semi-submersible rig Songa Eclipse for
*) EBITDA is defined as earnings before interest, depreciation and
equal to operating profit plus depreciation and amortization.
Condensed consolidated income statements
Third quarter and nine months 2012 results
Consolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2012 amounted to US$1,092
compared to US$1,122 million in the second quarter 2012.
Operating profit for the quarter was US$413 million compared to US$483
in the preceding quarter.
Net financial items for the quarter showed a loss of US$158 million
a gain of US$114 million in the previous quarter, due largely to
accounting gain of US$253 million related to the merger of SapuraCrest
Bhd (SapuraCrest) and Kencana Petroleum Bhd (Kencana) in second quarter
well as gains on derivatives and foreign exchange losses in the current
Included in results from associated companies is a US$53 million loss
39.9 percent equity associate, Archer Limited.
Income taxes for the third quarter were US$39 million, down from US$43
in the previous quarter.
Net income for the quarter was US$216 million representing basic
share of US$0.40.
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to
5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.
Third quarter and nine months 2012 results:
Fleet status report 3Q 2012:
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of
Thomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and
other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and
originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Seadrill Limited via Thomson Reuters ONE