SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - February 24, 2014) - Cotap, the leading enterprise mobile messaging service, today announced the release of its native Android app on the Google Play Store™. Developed to leverage the latest interaction model in Android OS, Cotap for Android is built for speed and simplicity. Anyone with a work email address can sign up for Cotap for free and easily find and message anyone in their organization without the hassle of asking for multiple phone numbers.
Cotap Key Features:
- One-to-One and Group Messaging -- Start a conversation with any coworker or quickly create ad-hoc groups and include multiple coworkers.
- Crowd-Sourced Company Directory -- Coworkers are automatically added to a single shared company address book. No need to 'friend' your co-workers or add them to your phone's contact list.
- Email Interoperability -- Send a message to anyone in your company. Users without the Cotap app installed on their phone can participate in conversations via email.
- Message a Meeting -- Easily send a message to everyone in an upcoming meeting to let them know about urgent updates.
- Thumbs Up -- Unique to the Android OS, users can send a "thumbs up" directly from the Notifications Center.
- Cotap for Android is compatible with phones and tablets running Android 4.0 and above.
"Launching Cotap for Android is a huge milestone, considering how large the market is and how quickly it is expanding into the enterprise," said Jim Patterson, CEO and co-founder of Cotap. "We've experienced massive growth since launching our iOS app just five months ago and expect the availability of Cotap for Android to accelerate that growth even further now that we're available on 78 percent of the world's smartphones."
Launched in October 2013, Cotap is used by over 7,000 companies. The premium version of Cotap will launch in early Q2 2014. Anyone can request an invitation to join the premium beta today by visiting cotap.com/business and entering their work contact details.
Cotap is a San Francisco-based company bringing mobile-first communication to the workplace. Cotap provides a simple and secure messaging solution for colleagues to connect and collaborate with each other from their mobile devices. Backed by Charles River Ventures and Emergence Capital Partners, the company was founded by Jim Patterson and Zack Parker, former Yammer executives with backgrounds in mobile communication and enterprise software. The Cotap app is free and available for download in the App Store and Google Play Store. For more information, visit the website and follow @Cotap
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/2/24/11G012684/Images/quicklymessage-120404337568.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/2/24/11G012684/Images/privateconvo-1057828816010.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/2/24/11G012684/Images/Android_Infographic_Final-26438390715.jpg