SAINT-JOACHIM, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Oct. 13, 2016) - Department of Canadian Heritage
The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, today announced $250,000 in funding for the Corporation du Centre d'initiation au patrimoine - La Grande Ferme to renovate its building.
The funding for the renovation, provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund, will, in particular, help bring La Grande Ferme's visitor centre and exhibition areas into compliance with current building standards.
"The Grande Ferme site offers many heritage attractions, starting with its main building, which celebrates its 150th birthday this year. The Government of Canada is delighted to help raise awareness about the history of the Côte-de-Beaupré region by investing in the renovation of this exceptional museum and educational site."
- The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage
"The house at La Grande Ferme, which is an important heritage property, is getting a makeover for the 150th anniversary of its construction. This major restoration project, supported by Canadian Heritage, will allow this jewel of the Côte-de-Beaupré region to continue its educational mission, and we are thrilled about it."
- Pierre Gaudin, Director of the Corporation du Centre d'initiation au patrimoine - La Grande Ferme
- The Corporation du Centre d'initiation au patrimoine - La Grande Ferme's mission is to inform the public about the historical and archaeological heritage of the Côte-de-Beaupré region.
- Located in a building constructed in 1866 and classified as a heritage property since 2012, the centre features an exhibition about La Grande Ferme, a site that has been settled for more than 350 years. Its programming consists of guided tours, events and social activities.
- The process of restoring La Grande Ferme and bringing it up to modern standards will provide an opportunity to make other improvements, such as redesigning the museum space to enrich visitors' experience and making it safer for both employees and visitors.
Centre d'initiation au patrimoine La Grande Ferme (French only)
Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.