MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 16, 2014) - Couchbase, the fastest-growing NoSQL technology provider and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced the hiring of Eric Gold as sales director for Asia and Israel. Gold's appointment reinforces the company's global growth strategy.
- Gold, an international business veteran, comes to Couchbase with 20 years of experience working with U.S.- and Israel-based startups.
- He joins the company from Aerospike, where he served as Managing Director of International.
- In his new role at Couchbase, Gold will be responsible for leading sales efforts in Asia and Israel.
- The hiring comes as Couchbase is experiencing a 400 percent increase in 2013 sales, and on the on the heels of major announcements, including the company's $25 million Series D funding, and the launch of its "JSON Anywhere" mobile strategy.
- "After watching Couchbase's development over the past couple of years, I am excited to be joining the company at such a prime time," said Gold. "Couchbase is a leader in the NoSQL space, and I look forward to bringing the technology to enterprises in Asia and Israel."
- "Eric's industry experience and expertise make him an invaluable addition to our global sales team," said Bob Wiederhold, president and CEO of Couchbase. "We're happy to have him on board, as his contributions will play a big role in our international expansion."
Couchbase is a leading provider of NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase Server, the company's flagship product, is a NoSQL document-oriented database with production deployments at AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. It is particularly well suited for web and mobile applications, providing easy scalability, consistent high performance, 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model for ease of development. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com