TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Feb. 11, 2014) -
Editors Note: There is a photo and a video associated with this release.
Cougar Software, the provider of Real Estate focused budgeting, planning and forecasting solutions, recently released new functionality within its Debt Module that automatically calculates Deferred Finance Costs (DFC) and Mark to Market (MTM) and all required amortisations.
"Our ultimate goal is for users to be able to manage their debt from one repository and be more confident in covering the entire debt position as opposed to having to build and refer to multiple spreadsheets," says Gidon Kerbel, Chief Financial Analyst.
He adds: "Calculation accuracy is critical, as any DFC or Mark to Market calculation errors will have an impact on both the current and forecasted financial metrics (including returns). At first glance DFC and Mark to Market balances on one specific loan seem immaterial. But, when aggregated over a portfolio of 100 or more loans, the amount becomes substantial."
Users simply select one of the pre-defined amortization methods (Straight Line, Interest Differential or Proportionate Principal) for their DFC and MTM amounts and Cougar does the rest. Using its proprietary calculation engine, all the charges and the relevant details for accounting purposes-from initial draw of the loans to forecasted maturity of the loans across the entire portfolio of loans (both debt and assets)-are generated. Naturally, this includes month-end as well as payment-dated charges/entries.
Benefits to the user include:
- Understanding the all-inclusive economic impact of your debt portfolio on your returns
- Understanding the impact an early repayment on a loan would have on any DFC and Mark to Market balance
- Users can now focus more time on the analysis and less time generating the report
- All loan contracts, associated documentation and related financing costs are maintained and processed in a single repository - a big plus when dealing with hundreds or thousands of loans
- The risk of human error, through the manual calculation of balances, is mitigated
- Users can easily switch between Interest Differential and Proportionate Principal methods of calculation
- Users can compare calculations simultaneously, rather than producing different schedules for each method and then comparing the two
About Cougar Software
Founded in 1992 and serving clients worldwide, Cougar provides the only financial modeling tools the Real Estate industry needs for budgeting, planning and forecasting processes. Cougar's integrated solution keeps all the information in one place, enabling a quick analysis of data across all, or any subset of properties, investments, portfolios or funds. Cougar counts among its customers several of the world's leading property management and investment companies, pension plans and REITs. Cougar is a privately held company with offices in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom and the U.S.A. For additional information visit: www.cougarsoftware.com
To view the photo associated with this release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20140210-926625.jpg
To view the video associated with this release, please visit the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYT0hi8pbc4