WASHINGTON DC--(Marketwired - December 20, 2016) - The counter terror & public safety market is set to grow from $85 billion in 2015 to $146 billion by 2020 in Europe. According to a new market research report "European Counter Terror & Public Safety Industry and Market 2017-2022", published by Homeland Security Research Corp., this market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 13.4% during 2016-2020.
The ever growing and present ISIS-inspired terror threats and the migration crisis across Europe is presenting an enormous challenge that the European counter terror & security infrastructure cannot meet. The counter terror and public safety community has already begun a major overhaul of Europe's internal security and public safety infrastructure, leading to a forecast $146 billion counter terror and public safety market by 2020.
The 2015-2016 ISIS-inspired terror attacks across Europe and the migration crisis have highlighted the fact that Western European counter terror and public safety forces are ill-equipped and ill-trained to encounter 21st century ISIS-inspired and trained terrorists. Moreover, according to Europol estimates, up to 5,000 European jihadists have returned to the EU after obtaining combat experience on the battlefields of the Middle East and will pose a major threat to a counter terror and public safety organizations.
During the forecast period, Western European governments will have to decide how and to what extent they will transform their national counter terror and public safety infrastructure, intelligence and services. Major funding is needed to improve all counter terror and public safety aspects across Europe, which will lead to a forecast growth of nearly four times the pace of previous five-year period.
The counter terror and public safety industry and market in Europe, for the period of 2017-2022, is boosted by the following drivers:
- The ISIS-inspired terror attacks across Europe and the migration crisis shook the European governments and their security agencies. The Western European security forces are ill-equipped and ill-trained to encounter 21st century ISIS-inspired and trained terrorists.
- Europol estimates that up to 5,000 European jihadists have returned to the EU after obtaining combat experience on the battlefields of the Middle East.
- West European governments understand that they are caught between a rock and a hard place. It is for them to decide how to transform the national counter terror infrastructure, intelligence services, and improve interagency cooperation, strategy and surge in funding.
The European Counter Terror & Public Safety Industry and Market 2017-2022 consists of 1486 pages, 158 tables and 286 figures. This 2-volume report covers 16 Vertical, 27 Technology, 18 National and 3 Revenue Source Markets, offering for each of the 168 submarkets: 2015-2016 data and assessments, and 2017-2022 forecasts and analyses.
Questions answered in this 1486-pafe report include:
- What will the market size and trends be during 2017-2022?
- Which are the submarkets that provide attractive business opportunities?
- Who are the decision-makers?
- What drives the customers to purchase solutions and services?
- What are the customers looking for?
- What are the technology & services trends?
- What are the market SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
The report focuses on "counter terror and public safety in Europe", which is part of the homeland security and public safety global Market. Other reports that include counter terror and public safety components are:
Explore more Homeland Security and Public Safety Reports at http://www.homelandsecurityresearch.com.
About Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC)
Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC) is an international market and technology research firm specializing in the Homeland Security (HLS) & Public Safety (PS) industry. HSRC provides premium off-the-shelf and customized market reports on present and emerging technologies and industry expertise, enabling global clients to gain time-critical insight into business opportunities. HSRC's clients include the U.S. Congress, DHS, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, DOD, DOT, GAO, NATO and EU, among others; as well as government agencies in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, Sweden, Finland, Singapore. With over 750 private sector clients (72% repeat customers), including major defense and security contractors and Fortune 2000 companies, HSRC earned the reputation as the industry's Gold Standard for HLS & PS market reports.