DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Jan 25, 2017) - IoT research firm Parks Associates today announced the topics and two keynotes from Cox and Vivint Smart Home for the upcoming 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference on May 23-25, 2017, in San Francisco. The conference, which is currently accepting speaker submissions, will address topics on connected entertainment and smart home innovations, consumer adoption, marketing, and data/privacy protection.
Parks Associates recently released research finds 26% of U.S. broadband households own a smart home device, including 11% with a smart thermostat, 9% with a networked camera, and 8% with a smart door lock. Over 35% of U.S. broadband households own a connected health device, and 63% have an OTT video service subscription.
"Each IoT device brings its own use case, but it is in combination that their value propositions expand for consumers. In this context, the mass-market appeal of a connected home system starts to emerge as it can offer personalized value propositions for entertainment, security, controls, health, and energy," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "At CONNECTIONS™, we will examine each aspect of the connected home, with the goal to identify the strategies that will create mass-market value."
"Nearly two-thirds of U.S. broadband households with a smartphone want embedded connectivity in their next car," said Jennifer Kent, Director, Research Quality & Product Development, Parks Associates. "The convenience of IoT solutions is attracting considerable consumer interest, and at CONNECTIONS, we will examine the balance between consumer demand and security/privacy concerns and determine the best strategies for these markets to expand."
- Matt Eyring, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, Vivint Smart Home
- Kristine Faulkner, Senior Vice President / General Manager, COX Homelife, Cox Communications
- Innovations in Entertainment Services
- Auto Industry Transformation - Lessons and Opportunities for IoT Players
- Connected CE Strategies: Building Product Ecosystems
- Connected Entertainment Next Stages of Growth
- Connected Health and IoT: Next Stages of Growth
- Energy Management Solutions: Moving the Market Forward
- From Hospital to Home: Partnering for Success
- Independent Living and Caregiving Market
- Industry Insights: The Evolution of the Business of Entertainment
- Insurance Strategies for Disruptive Consumer IoT Markets
- Integrating Connected Health into the Smart Home
- IoT and the Smart Home - Investments; Start-ups; and Growth
- IoT Monetization Models: Building a Mass-market Smart Home
- Protecting Consumers: Privacy and Device Security
- Smart Home and IoT: Insights: Growth and Business Models
- Smart Home and IoT: Distribution and Channel Strategies
- Smart Home and IoT: Next Stages of Growth
- Smart Home Platforms: Revolutionizing the Consumer Experience
- Tech Support: Big Data to Power the User Experience
- The Future for the Connected Consumer
- Emergence of Virtual Reality - Platforms; Services; and Content
Parks Associates is also hosting three pre-show research workshops on May 23:
- Smart Home and IoT: Growth, Consumer Trends
- Connected Health and IoT: Technology Innovators and Disruptions
- Connected Entertainment: Evolving Platforms and Services
Current sponsors include Greenwave Systems, Alarm.com, Support.com, ULE Alliance, Whisker Labs, MivaTek, and Nortek.
Media and organizations supporting the event include Antenna, B2 Group, BayPay Forum, Best Web Design Agencies, Bestseos.com, CIOReview, Conference Guru, Council, CrowdReviews.com, Digital Entertainment Group, FierceCable, FierceOnline Video, FierceTelecom, FierceWireless, FierceWireless Tech, HomeGrid Forum, IoT Consortium, ISE Magazine, MoCA, Open Connectivity Foundation, Payments & Cards Network, PharmaVoice, Smart Grid Spain, TelcoProfessionals, Telecompaper, Topseos.com, Visibility Magazine, and Wi-Fi Alliance.
To download the past CONNECTIONS™ Event Summary visit www.connectionsus.com. To schedule an interview with an analyst or request specific research, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org, 720.987.6614.
Parks Associates' 21st-annual CONNECTIONS™: The Premier Connected Home Conference will take place May 23-25 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport in San Francisco. CONNECTIONS™ is the premier connected home event hosting over 700 executives from the connected entertainment, IoT, and smart home industries. The event provides a day of pre-show research workshops highlighting Parks Associates' consumer data and analysis and two days of conference sessions focused on technology adoption and trends, forecasts for new products and services, evaluation of new business strategies, and recommendations about technology innovations, strategic partnerships, monetization opportunities, and value-added services.
The event provides executive networking opportunities and insights from industry leaders on entertainment, mobile, and smart home market segments. Throughout the event, sponsors offer tabletop demos during networking events, spotlighting new technology innovations and services.
For more information, contact email@example.com, call 972-490-1113, visit www.connectionsconference.com.