SALT LAKE CITY, UT--(Marketwire - Feb 5, 2013) -
- Increase in number of crimes mapped allows greater transparency and increased public safety
- Continued year-over-year growth of crimes mapped by PublicEngines
- Ease of use engages citizens and encourages use
PublicEngines™ (http://www.publicengines.com/), a provider of cloud-based solutions that facilitate crime analysis, supply actionable intelligence and increase community engagement for law enforcement, schools, and governments, announced today that CrimeReports™ has surpassed 80-million crimes mapped across the United States. Covering over 30% of the United States population, it is the most complete service available for crime mapping and analytics.
CrimeReports is an online platform that can be integrated with any public safety agency's records management system to publish local crime data, improve agency transparency, and create more two-way dialogue with citizens. Individuals are able to view local crime data in near real-time, share crime information with their friends, and even submit anonymous tips about crime with their local police agency.
PublicEngines also unveiled CrimeReports 3.0 earlier in the week. This latest version offers a streamlined interface for a more natural and intuitive browsing experience.
With more than 1,000 law enforcement agencies of all sizes across North America sharing crime information through CrimeReports.com
- CrimeReports.com is the most widely used crime map available online.
- As more public safety agencies utilize CrimeReports, the number of crimes that are mapped increases.
- For the past six years, the number of crimes mapped by the system has increased every year, totaling growth of over 3,000-percent since 2007.
- Some of the country's largest law enforcement organizations utilize CrimeReports.
"We are incredibly proud to have achieved this milestone, and for being the largest collector of up-to-date crime data in the U.S.," said William Kilmer, PublicEngines CEO. "As we continue to see an increasing number of public safety agencies recognize the power and benefits of connecting with the citizens they serve through tools like CrimeReports, we expect the number of crimes we map will continue to increase."
PublicEngines helps law enforcement, governments, and the public prevent, reduce, and solve crime with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions that facilitate crime analysis, supply actionable intelligence and increase community engagement. PublicEngines' products include CrimeReports -- the #1 most popular online crime mapping solution available; CommandCentral; and TipSoft.