SOURCE: Bulldog Reporter's PR University
OAKLAND, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 26, 2012) - If a crisis strikes an organization in social and digital media, PR professionals need a focused, confident and instant response.
In the upcoming webinar Crisis PR Mastery in the Digital Age: How to Handle Negative Fallout in Social and Online Media, a team of media relations masters will teach PR pros how to create a bullet-proof crisis management plan, incorporating the latest tactics for handling online crises and the social media fallout of any adverse situation that might strike their organization.
This exclusive PR University webinar takes place on Thursday, January 3, at 1PM EST (noon CST; 11AM MST; 10AM PST).
Steve Tuttle, Vice President of Communications, TASER International, Inc
Allison Steinberg, Senior Media Analyst, JetBlue Airways
Heather D. Read, Program Manager, Social Media, DuPont Public Affairs
Michael Fineman, President, Fineman PR
What PR pros will learn:
- Managing crises 24/7/365: Why social media demands that PR pros be ready to jump into crisis mode instantly -- and what to do after the first wave of problems
- Fighting Keyboard Cowboys: How to combat the scores of anonymous online commenters who will attack their company and their brand the minute the crisis starts
- Social media monitoring tools: How to track simmering crises and negative online conversations before they explode into firestorms
- Plan of attack -- why taking the time to write and test a strategic crisis plan will be worth its weight in gold once the crisis hits
- Dark sites and stealth Web addresses: How to get ready for a digital attack by stockpiling the right online arsenal
- How to build a rapid-response infrastructure to communicate quickly via social media at a time when speed matters most
- Crisis Content Tips: How to create and distribute game-changing social media content in a crisis situation -- from blog posts with the latest information to YouTube videos, podcasts and more
- SEO Matters: How to use search engine optimization to get their perspective in front of the public and press when it matters most
- Case studies and war stories: Learn from experienced and battle-tested veterans and gain new insight into managing today's online crisis
- How to translate some of the tried and true tactics of crisis communications -- which have worked since the Tylenol crisis of the 1980s -- into the 21st-century reality of instant communications
For more details go to the conference home page or download the PDF brochure
Bulldog Reporter's PR University produces over 60 high-level professional development conferences per year with extraordinary speakers on media relations skills, PR measurement, crisis communications, advanced PR technology, social media, and the nation's most influential media -- a complete professional development program to meet all your training and updating needs.
Attendance at this Bulldog Reporter PR University webinar costs just $299 per login. Participants in this 90-minute webinar will be able to pose specific questions for the presenter at several junctures during the discussion.
Attendees of PR University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual. For more information on taking part in the event, go to the conference home page or for personalized service and special offers please contact one of our sales consultants toll free at: 1-800-959-1059.