SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 20, 2014) - Crowdtilt, the San Francisco based crowdfunding startup, today announced that its open source, whitelabel solution, CrowdtiltOpen, is now available to all businesses, brands and project creators who want to launch crowdfunding pages on their own sites. CrowdtiltOpen offers flexible and customizable tools so people with little to no expertise in crowdfunding or payments processing can launch a crowdfunding campaign for free with no restrictions on project type, time limitations or fundraising goals.
"CrowdtiltOpen was built with a clear purpose in mind: to allow project creators to host their own crowdfunding campaigns on their own websites," said James Beshara, CEO of Crowdtilt. "Coin, Tile, Star Citizen -- some of the largest crowdfunding campaigns of all time -- have all been selfhosted. I believe they had such success because they controlled their brand, user experience, and customized their campaigns with advanced analytics, retargeting advertising and fullyowning the SEO rush that comes with crowdfunding campaigns."
CrowdtiltOpen offers project creators and businesses the most robust feature set of any crowdfunding tool in the world:
- Recurring Billing: Allow backers to automatically contribute on a subscription basis;
- Bitcoin Integration: Add the ability to accept Bitcoin payments;
- Whitelabel: Build out the whole web page and keep your brand's unique look and feel;
- Customization: Create a unique theme or choose from customizable or packaged themes;
- Analytics Integration: Embed basic CRM technology, as well as integrate third party sites like Google Analytics, AdRoll, Optimizely, etc.;
- Reward Tiers: Customize reward levels and add images to incentivize contributors;
- No Time Limitations: Launch a 30-day, 3-month or ongoing campaign and have the flexibility to extend or shorten the campaign at any time;
- FreetoUse: Pay only standard credit card processing charges at 2.9%+.30 per transaction
- Direct Payments: Secure payments through third party with the ability to accept international payments through VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express;
- Secure: Certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification available;
- Nonprofits: Accept donations to a crowdfunding campaign with the ability to give backers taxdeductible receipts if you are a registered nonprofit;
- Multiple Campaigns: Easily run multiple campaigns at one time;
- Open Source: Improve, modify and customize the platform to fit your individual needs.
CrowdtiltOpen, previously called 'Crowdhoster,' launched in beta in August 2013 and has helped hundreds companies and project creators reach their crowdfunding goals through customized, hosted campaigns. Some of the biggest crowdfunding campaigns in their categories have used CrowdtiltOpen, such as Soylent, a nutrition substitute that raised over $2.1M, GNS3, a software company that raised over $300,000, and Immunity Project, the largest health crowdfunding campaign that raised over $450,000. Additionally, many campaigns, such as The UT.LAB, experimented with unique preorder and retail models to mitigate inventory and boost sales.
"We're still in the very beginning of what crowdfunding will become, but we predict 15% of commerce on the web in five years will be powered by crowdfunding. What we're witnessing is the economy beginning to reverse itself," said Beshara. "When consumers are empowered to vote with their dollars, business and civic institutions will have to listen. With CrowdtiltOpen, we plan to bring crowdfunding to the commercial, civic and political arenas."
For more information or to open your business to crowdfunding, please visit: open.crowdtilt.com
Crowdtilt is a technology company based in San Francisco, CA. Founded in 2012, we strive to build and offer the most open and accessible online crowdfunding tools to power everything from barbecues, to political campaigns, to startup businesses, to charity fundraisers. For more information, visit http://www.crowdtilt.com.