Cue Resources Ltd.
TSX VENTURE : CUE

Cue Resources Ltd.

March 27, 2008 09:30 ET

Cue Resources Ltd. Reports High Uranium Recoveries From Metallurgical Testing at the Yuty Uranium Project, Paraguay

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 27, 2008) - Cue Resources Ltd. ("Cue") (TSX VENTURE:CUE) is pleased to announce that metallurgical test work on samples from the San Antonio zone on the Yuty Uranium Project has yielded high uranium recoveries. Two samples, tested by John Litz, LLC, of Denver, CO gave uranium recoveries of 96.7% and 86.0% respectively.

Core sample MT008, from drillhole SA1009, had a head grade of 0.055% U3O8, and a recovery of 96.7%. Core sample MT021, from drillhole SA1015, had a head grade of 0.060% U3O8, and a recovery of 86.0%.

The tests were carried out on the two core samples over an eight day period, using stirred tall-form 1000 ml beakers. The samples were crushed to minus 8-mesh using a jaw crusher followed by a roll crusher. Both samples were leached with a solution of 58g sulfuric acid per liter. After 24 hours, 2 grams of sodium chlorate were added to each test, equivalent to 13.3 lb/short ton. After 48 hours an additional 60 grams of 33% sulfuric acid was added to each test, and after 72 hours one gram of sodium chlorate was added to MT-012.

Chris M. Healey. P.Geo, COO Cue, is the qualified person responsible for the technical content of this release.

Cue has the right to earn a 100% interest in the project; it currently owns a 30% interest in Transandes Paraguay, S.A. and is in the process of completing an earn-in for the remaining 70%. Transandes has an exploration permit granting the exclusive rights to explore for uranium on the Yuty project in south-east Paraguay.

CUE RESOURCES LTD.

Chris Healey, Chief Operating Officer

WARNING: The Company relies on litigation protection for "forward looking" statements. Actual results could differ materially from those described in the news release as a result of numerous factors, some of which are outside the control of the Company. This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to sell any of the securities in the United States. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act") or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to U.S. Persons unless registered under the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of the content of this News Release.

Contact Information

  • Cue Resources Ltd.
    Chris Healey
    Chief Operating Officer
    (604) 921-1810
    (604) 921-1898 (FAX)