DALLAS, TX--(Marketwire - Oct 5, 2012) - NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it ranked #3 in the midsize-companies category on the Dallas Business Journal's "Best Place to Work" list in North Texas for 2012. This is the first year that NetApp applied for the Best Place to Work list and is recognized for its unique company culture, which puts employees at the heart of driving competitive advantage, and for the success of its customers and partners around the world.
Each year the Dallas Business Journal recognizes the best companies to work for in North Texas through the Top Workplaces lists. Employees surveyed by Quantum Workplace are asked to rank their workplaces based on leadership, benefits, and the company's strategic direction.
NetApp Believes That Inspired Employees Do the Extraordinary
- Companies featured on the Dallas Business Journal's "Best Place to Work" list for 2012 were evaluated on the results of surveys completed by an independent, third-party research firm covering topics such as work environment, personal growth, innovations, employee recognition, and professional opportunities.
- The Dallas Business Journal classified NetApp as a best midsize company among 56 companies selected as a "Best Places to Work" in North Texas.
- This ranking in Texas follows NetApp's #6 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2012 and its #3 ranking on the "World's Best Multinational Workplaces" list by the Great Place to Work Institute.
- With NetApp's #3 ranking in Texas, the company now ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 16 different regions around the world, including:
- Austria: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Switzerland: #1
- Australia: #2
- Europe: #2
- France: #2
- Germany: #2
- Japan: #2
- Canada: #3
- Chicago: #4
- Pennsylvania: #5
- United Kingdom: #5
- New York: #6
- United States: #6
- Washington, DC: #7
- Netherlands: #8
- Minnesota: #10
The NetApp Dallas team, including over 125 employees, opened in 1994 and serves as a successful field office with customers in retail, energy, high tech, travel and transportation, financial services, and the public sector.
- The NetApp Dallas office has been a leader in the adoption of newest technologies and is consistently ranked among the most productive sales locations in the company.
- This team is deeply committed to the community and through a variety of charitable endeavors has made a real difference in the lives of those in need, including raising over $64,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation, an increase of over 74% from last year.
- The events and initiatives the NetApp Dallas team sponsor bolster camaraderie and teamwork throughout the office and continue to make NetApp a great place to work.
- Jon Mellon, VP and General Manager, Americas Telco/Service Providers, NetApp
"Being selected by the Dallas Business Journal as one of the best places to work in North Texas is a tremendous accomplishment, and we are incredibly honored to be featured on this list. At NetApp, we strive to create a culture that inspires innovation for our customers and partners and makes us a great company not only to work for, but also to work with."
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with NetApp's community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.