TYSONS CORNER, VA--(Marketwire - Jun 11, 2012) - Over the past five years, the popularity of "mud runs" -- cross country races with obstacles -- has exploded. It's estimated that more than one million people have participated in this new genre of adventure sport. The increasing popularity of the sport has led CustomInk, the "design online" custom t-shirt company, to create special resources just for mud runners to make their own mud run uniform t-shirts, or "mud duds" (available at www.customink.com/mudrun). Also, CustomInk has assembled the first ever glossary of mud run lingo for athletes and their fans.
"Mud runners across the country are training and getting 'down and dirty' with their friends and family. CustomInk t-shirts have the power to unite them into a team for the big day," commented Marc Katz, Co-founder and President of CustomInk. "Completing one of these races is an achievement to be commemorated, and a mud-stained, custom t-shirt makes the perfect trophy!"
As the official headquarters for mud race gear, CustomInk offers a variety of fonts and mud-race themed artwork to help mud runners design the perfect custom tee for their upcoming events. Mud runners can select from an artist-designed template or easily create custom designs of their own through the Online Design Lab.
To celebrate the unique and sometimes wacky mud race experience, CustomInk has created a glossary of "dirty words" -- fun terms that capture the essence of the mud race experience. Runners can incorporate the terms in their own t-shirt designs, or utilize CustomInk templates.
"Dirty Words": The CustomInk Glossary of Mud Run Terminology
- Bale Out -- when you run and leap to secure footing on the hay bales, only to realize you didn't get enough momentum and have to try again
- Bake n' Cake -- standing in the sun until the mud that covers you becomes a dirty crust
- Barbie-Queue -- the line that forms at the barbed wire obstacle while people observe others and figure out their strategy
- Belly Slop -- when you wrongly assume a mud obstacle is slick enough that you can slide on your stomach, and instead plant yourself stomach-first in the muck
- Birthday Suitors -- those men who choose to complete mud races in various stages of undress, or in Speedos
- The Electric Slide -- the maneuver you use to avoid live electrical wires in particularly challenging mud races
- Fon-dudes -- men so totally covered in mud they look like they were dipped in a chocolate fountain
- The Freshwater 15 -- the weight that your clothes and shoes gain after going through the first water obstacle
- Kicking Ash -- clearing the fire hazard in one glorious leap
- Lemming -- to jump off of a tall obstacle mindlessly following those in front of you without regard for your personal safety
- Mud Suds -- the well-earned beer you down after crossing the finish line
- Official Debriefing -- the recounting of your race tales while disrobing; usually held in a parking lot
- Slip Slops -- what any pair of previously functional shoes becomes after you've completed the race
- Souv-in-ear -- the keepsake dirt you find in your ear three days after the race
- Stick in the Mud -- what you become as a result of a Belly Slop
- Sting Operation -- when you're finally able to shower and feel every one of the previously unknown cuts and scrapes
- Tire-Ran-Ass-Sore-us -- the creature you become after successfully navigating dozens of tires
- Woodstocks -- generic term for the farms, fields and other hinterlands that host mud race events
For mud runners participating in races around the country this year, CustomInk is offering a voucher for one free custom t-shirt with an order of 10 shirts or more. Mud runners can use the voucher code "mud12" to receive this deal. The offer expires 5/31/13.
About CustomInk (www.customink.com)
Founded in 2000, CustomInk is the leader in custom apparel for groups & occasions. CustomInk.com enables people to design and order custom t-shirts and accessories for their clubs, companies, charities, family reunions, and more. Customers enjoy free design support from CustomInk's acclaimed service representatives, and each custom design is proofed by a professional artist to ensure it turns out perfectly -- whether it's being printed on one t-shirt or thousands. CustomInk's Design Lab provides a huge font library and selection of art, including thousands of new images from Charles S. Anderson Design and fonts from type foundry House Industries, and allows users to upload their own custom artwork. Those who wish to make t-shirts for groups can take advantage of the website's simple group ordering system and online sign-up sheet for ease in coordinating their order with friends, teammates or classmates.
Headquartered in Northern Virginia, the company is dynamic and forward-thinking and has been recognized numerous times for rapid growth and workplace excellence. CustomInk strives to treat customers, vendors, and team members as it would want to be treated and has a strong sense of innovation and individual responsibility. To learn more, visit www.customink.com/our_story/ or call 800-293-4232.
© 2012 CustomInk, LLC. All rights reserved. CustomInk is a registered trademark of CustomInk, LLC. The "Inky" octopus is a trademark of CustomInk, LLC.