MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC--(Marketwired - Sept. 1, 2016) -
Editors Note: There are two photos associated with this press release.
On August 29, Ubisoft invited families to come and explore the crazy, fun-filled world of the Rabbids. Located at the Mega Centre des Sources in Pointe-Claire, the Rabbids Amusement Center, based on the phenomenally popular gaming franchise of the same name, offers a playful environment that combines technology, creativity and physical activity.
This collaboration between D-BOX Technologies (TSX:DBO) and Ubisoft offers users a permanent virtual reality center where they can experience a unique, hyper-realistic world inhabited by Raving Rabbids. Armed with a virtual reality helmet, patrons can follow the extraordinary shenanigans of the Raving Rabbids for a few minutes. By combining the fluid motion of D-BOX's high-fidelity seating technology and the talents of the content creators at Ubisoft, this unbelievably immersive trip delivers an incredible rush of adrenaline for kids of all ages.
The Rabbids Experience
The Rabbids have repaired an old submarine to get to the North Pole so they can be closer to the moon. To their surprise, the submarine starts to fly, and when they let go of the controls and start playing tag with each other, it crashed in Montreal. Top researchers began observing these rabbits and concluded that only children could understand their language and behavior. If you like adventure and excitement, welcome to the Rabbids Amusement Center! BWAAAH!
The main attractions include:
- Virtual D-BOX Zone: Two virtual reality chairs for lifelike immersion in the world of the Rabbids.
- Submarine: This activity zone features a modified submarine that includes three levels, with obstacles, slides and more!
- Water Treatment Plant: Explore the inner workings of the plant with two ball pools, ball cannons and a climbing wall.
- Laboratory: In this space designed to stimulate creativity, visitors will find a wealth of inspiring activities including a Pixel Art wall and giant-size building blocks.
- Farm: This themed zone is specially laid out for toddlers aged from birth to 3 years.
- Three themed rooms for birthday parties: Celebrate with the Rabbids in the Candy, Princess or Pirate rooms.
- The Dining Area: Features a top-quality menu created by Chef Jérôme Ferrer of Restaurant Europea.
- Souvenir Shop: Offering a selection of Rabbids products to continue the adventure at home.
For more information on the Rabbids Amusement Center, visit the website at www.centrelapinscretins.com, the Facebook and Instagram pages, and follow #rabbidscenter on social media.
D-BOX Technologies Inc. (TSX:DBO) designs, manufactures and commercializes cutting-edge motion systems intended for the entertainment and simulation and training markets. This unique and patented technology uses motion effects specifically programmed for visual content that are sent to a motion system integrated into a platform, seat or any other product. The resulting motion is perfectly synchronized with the on-screen action, thus creating an unparalleled realistic immersive experience.
D-BOX®, D-BOX Motion Code®, LIVE THE ACTION®, MOTION ARCHITECTS® and MOVE THE WORLD® are trademarks of D-BOX Technologies Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, such as Assassin's Creed, Just Dance, Rayman, Far Cry, Watch Dogs and the Tom Clancy video game series. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobiles, tablets and PCs. For the 2015-16 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of EUR1,394 million. For more information, visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
For more information on Ubisoft, visit www.ubisoft.com.
© 2006 - 2016 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Rabbids, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links: