SOURCE: Danaos Corporation
ATHENS, GREECE--(Marketwire - Mar 19, 2012) - Danaos Corporation (NYSE: DAC), a leading international owner of containerships, today announced that the Company has been selected as one of the six finalists for the 2012 EDELMAN Awards.
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS®) announced the six finalist organizations that will compete for the 2012 Franz Edelman Award for Achievement in Operations Research and the Management Sciences, a prize for excellence in advanced analytics, in Huntington Beach, California later this year.
The 2012 Franz Edelman Award finalists, which were named by CPMS, the association's special interest group for operations research and analytics practitioners, are:
1. Carlson Hotels for "Carlson Hotels Maximizes Revenue through Improved Demand Management and Price Optimization in collaboration with JDA Software Group."
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for "Advancing Public Health and Medical Preparedness with Operations Research."
3. Danaos Corporation, based in Greece, for "Operational Research In Ships Management."
4. Hewlett-Packard for "Delivering Value through Advanced Analytics."
5. Intel for "Optimizing Capital Investment Decisions at Intel Corporation."
6. TNT Express, based in Netherlands, for "Supply Chain Wide Optimization at TNT Express."
The relative link to the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS®) is the following:
About Danaos Corporation
Danaos Corporation is an international owner of containerships, chartering its vessels to many of the world's largest liner companies. Our current fleet of 62 containerships aggregating 325,879 TEUs ranks Danaos among the largest containership charter owners in the world based on total TEU capacity. Danaos is one of the largest US listed containership companies based on fleet size. Furthermore, the company has a contracted fleet of 3 additional containerships aggregating 39,300 TEU with scheduled deliveries up to 2012. The company's shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "DAC."
Visit our website at www.danaos.com