IRVINE, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 26, 2013) - Everyone knows that they should back up their digital lives -- whether it be important work files, precious memories from photos and videos or valuable media files such as music and movies. However, it is likely that the number of computer users that actually back up their digital content on a daily basis is less than 10 percent. Dane-Elec, a leading innovator in digital storage solutions, provides products for consumers and businesses alike to ensure digital libraries are kept safe and secure.
Why Back Up?
- Accidental deletion - It is estimated that almost half of computer users lose irreplaceable files every year.
- Business disaster - It is approximated that more than half of companies that lose their data will shut down within six months of the disaster.
- Lost files - It is thought that nearly three out of five personal computer users have lost an electronic file they thought they had sufficiently stored.
- Memories at risk - It is reported that more than 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States every week.
There are a number of different options for backing up and accessing digital content:
Portable Flash Memory
The main options for portable backup include flash memory such as USB and SD (Secure Digital) cards. These are perfect solutions for users who don't have too many large files. SD cards are available with a capacity of up to 2GB, while SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards are available with much higher capacities.
The advantages of portable storage include:
- Provides a great option to back up media files such as photos, music and videos.
- Intuitive to use -- i.e. USBs are plug and play and can be inserted into almost any device.
- Compact -- can be taken anywhere. It is quick and easy to make multiple copies of important files and keep them in several locations.
- The switch on SD cards can be used to write-protect data, to ensure that valuable files are never overwritten, deleted or lost.
- Low cost
Dane-Elec has a full range of USB and SD cards under its own brand, as well as under the Duracell brand.
Network Attached Storage
A Network Attached Storage (NAS) device is a good option for people that have many files to store and want to access them from a variety of sources and locations. A NAS device connects to a wireless router, which effectively allows multiple users from multiple devices to access and share the content and files stored on it -- just one copy of a file, in one secure and accessible place.
Dane-Elec my-Ditto Classic
$94.99 | Available from http://my-ditto.myshopify.com
The my-Ditto Classic allows individuals to back up, organize, share and access their digital assets on their computer or remotely when on the move. It comes with a free my-Ditto app enabling tablet or smartphone users to access and stream their own content including music and videos. Easy to set up, my-Ditto also gives users added security in the form of its password-protection feature for complete peace of mind.
About World Backup Day
Celebrating its third year in 2013, World Backup Day was dreamed up by Ismail Jadun, a biology student from Youngstown State in Ohio who highlighted a need for it after reading comments on the lack of backup awareness on social news site Reddit. http://www.worldbackupday.com.
For over 25 years Dane-Elec has consistently provided high-quality, industry-leading products to customers around the world. Brands such as Duracell, Marvel Comics, Blizzard, Hello Kitty, Harry Potter, Disney and many more rely on Dane-Elec's expertise to deliver customized storage solutions that live up to customer expectations.
Recognized as a leading authority in quality memory products, Dane-Elec designs, assembles and distributes its products throughout the world. As a true Plug-and-Play network attached storage (NAS) solution, my-Ditto Classic was awarded the CES Innovation Award in 2010, Best IT Innovation by the prestigious European Consumer Choice Association in 2010 and Macworld BEST of Show 2011.
For more information, visit: www.my-ditto.com.
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
© 2013 Dane-Elec. All rights reserved.