SAN CARLOS, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 18, 2014) - Imagine learning to program a video game, build a robot and design a mobile app -- all in one day! Join us at the 5th annual Dare 2B Digital Silicon Valley Conference (#d2bd14), Northern California's premier learning event for middle and high school girls in grades 7 - 10. Dare 2B Digital takes place Saturday, March 1st at the Plug and Play Tech Center in Sunnyvale, Calif. Register at www.dare2bdigital.org.
Recognized by the State of California as one of the top outreach programs in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Dare 2B Digital offers a fun, creative environment for students to explore and innovate with guidance from Silicon Valley's top technologists. While students are in session, parents, guardians and mentors will enjoy a track tailored for adults, including a thought leaders panel hosted by the San Jose Mercury News on STEM success stories.
"By uniting employers, parents, students and educational policy makers around our mission to bridge the gender gap in technology, Dare 2B Digital is fostering an ecosystem that will help the San Francisco Bay Area and the U.S. to extend their edge in innovation," said Ruth Stergiou, founder, Dare 2B Digital and CEO, Invent Your Future Enterprises. "Thanks to the remarkable response from partners, we're excited to expand Dare 2B Digital learning opportunities to young women across the country, through live events, online learning and new initiatives like e-badges."
- Julia Landauer, racecar driver, businesswoman & Stanford University student in Science, Technology & Society
- Corinne Chan, chief operating officer, chictopia.com
- "Good Girl Gone Geek" featuring Saguna Goel & Rachel Mellon, co-directors, She++
- NetUggs Delivery Challenge - NetApp
- Remix the Web - Mozilla
- Train Your Brain for Careers in Animation - DreamWorks Animation
- Bring Your Ideas to Life with Alice - Oracle Academy
- Create a Game with Greenfoot - Oracle Academy
- Battle of the Networking Stars - Brocade
- Design a Mobile App Experience - Citrix
- Catch the Phish and Digital Drama! - Symantec
- IBM Presents Amazing Robots
- Plus, learn about creativity and prototyping from Intel and TechShop
- Cracking the Code: New Ways to Get More Women and Girls in Tech (presented by the San Jose Mercury News) with panelists from ETR Associates, Techbridge, Oracle Academy and the State of California
- The Growth of the Creative Economy and a Changing Jobs Landscape - Creative Kid College Coach
- Tackling the Runaway Costs of College - Westface College Planning
- Finding the College STEM Program That's Right for Your Student - College Search Strategies
- Keeping Kids Safe Online - Symantec
- Showcase of Mini-Presentations - STEM-Supporting Organizations
Conference registration is $49 at www.dare2bdigital.org. Student registration includes three workshops, lunch, refreshments, snacks, T-shirt and a gift bag. Adult registration includes adult track workshops, lunch, refreshments and snacks.
2014 partners: Oracle Academy, San Jose Mercury News, Brocade, Citrix, First Tech Federal Credit Union, Intel, IBM, L-3 Communications, Mozilla, NetApp, Symantec, Luna Bar, Black Girls Code, BlogHer, Expanding Our Horizons Network, Fab FEMs, Mouse Squad and Techbridge. Learn about partner opportunities: http://bit.ly/NznlXF.
Follow us on Twitter at @Dare2BDigital and #d2bd14. Like us on Facebook and join the event at "dare 2b digital."
About Dare 2B Digital
Dare 2B Digital (www.dare2bdigital.org @dare2bdigital) is a program of Invent Your Future Foundation, a 501c(3) non-profit organization of Invent Your Future Enterprises (www.inventyourfuture.com). Invent Your Future is the leader in career acceleration programs and educational events for business women, entrepreneurs and young women. With a corporate audience that has grown from Silicon Valley to the Midwest and internationally, our programs spotlight internationally-recognized speakers, best-selling authors, thought leaders and business experts offering strategies, practical advice and interactive learning opportunities to help women and men transform their career or business.
Invent Your Future and Dare 2B Digital are trademarks of Invent Your Future Enterprises. Other trademarks are the property of their owners.