OVERLAND PARK, KS--(Marketwire - Nov 27, 2012) - Data Locker Inc. (www.datalocker.com), a leading developer of encrypted data storage products, today announced the availability of the DataLocker Sentry™ FIPS Drive, a new, secure USB flash drive that utilizes the certified and proven encryption technology from DataLocker™. The newest addition to Data Locker's line of encrypted portable storage solutions, this next-generation, smart USB drive combines 100 percent hardware encryption with the ability to connect to a remote management system. A USB drive has never been so secure, while still taking advantage of the agility of portable storage.
Increasing emphasis on employee BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) mobility requires the use of convenient devices that provide a secure computing environment. Combining military-grade encryption with plug-and-play simplicity, DataLocker Sentry is the smallest, fastest and most secure USB drive in the world. Password-protected and capable of securing up to 16GB of data, DataLocker Sentry helps eliminate risk and gets sensitive information locked, loaded and on the move in seconds.
"Every year, 20 million unprotected USB drives go missing. If the data stored on those drives ends up in the wrong hands, the public is at risk, sensitive data is compromised, public trust is lost, and suddenly you find yourself in the middle of a business scandal," said Jay Kim, Founder and COO, Data Locker. "Secure USB flash drives are an essential pillar of a comprehensive data loss prevention (DLP) strategy. Security must be implemented in the hardware in order to combat the evolving threat. With your data stored on the hardware-encrypted DataLocker Sentry, it is always protected from unauthorized access."
When storing high-value data, the tamper-proof DataLocker Sentry is perfect for any organization. The epoxy coating for the chip and flash protects it from physical intrusion from water, dirt and thieves. Add to this the many features and speed of Data Locker's on-board, zero-footprint software, and users can rest assured that they never have to suffer from the often devastating consequences of data breach or a broken device.
DataLocker Sentry drives can be remotely managed worldwide, with the proven SafeConsole® management. SafeConsole allows you to manage multiple devices anywhere in the world, providing remote reset of passwords, backup, write protection, wiping of sticks and more. SafeConsole can also remotely shut down and kill Sentry on a Mac or PC.
Additional features of the DataLocker Sentry include:
- 256 bit AES CBC mode encryption
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 validated
- Available in 4, 8, and 16 GB capacity
- User-friendly setup -- no software installation nor administrative privileges required
- Timer lockdown -- automatically locks the device after a customizable number of minutes
- Built in password attempt counter and user alert system that tracks faulty unlock attempts
- Fast start-up once plugged in
- Epoxy sealed chip, tamper resistant and durable -- exceeds MIL-STD-810F specification
- Compact design to fit in the narrowest of USB ports, water and fire resistant
- Can be wiped clean and reset to factory settings for total reset and reissue
- Multi-lingual user interface -- supports 11 of the most widely used languages
- Encryption keys are randomly generated on-board at user setup, leaving no back door
- Fully compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008, 2003, Mac OS X 10.5.x or later, and Linux Kernel 2.6 or later
- Physical dimensions measure 56 x 18 x 6 mm and weighs 9 grams
Pricing and Availability
The DataLocker Sentry FIPS drive pricing starts at $79.99 and is available immediately. For more details on this product, go to www.datalocker.com.
About Data Locker
Data Locker is an innovative provider of hardware based encrypted portable storage devices. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, DataLocker devices combine superior convenience and usability with state of the art security. DataLocker is "Simply Secure." For more information, please visit www.datalocker.com.