LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Jan. 11, 2013) - TWO site managers working for David Wilson Homes East Midlands have been awarded the prestigious Seal of Excellence award in the National Housebuilding Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job Awards.
Gary Tebbatt and Liam Hathaway have both been awarded the prestigious accolade for the exemplary standards they set at each of their new homes developments; The Chestnuts in Syston and St James Views in Hathern, Loughborough.
The site managers had already beaten 13,000 site managers to win one of the competition's 400 Quality awards and have now gone on to be amongst just 130 site managers in the country to receive the Seal of Excellence title.
Darren Langton, Construction Director at David Wilson Homes East Midlands, comments "We are extremely proud of our site managers for leading their teams to success in the annual NHBC awards.
"This confirms that we are building some of the highest quality homes not just in the East Midlands, but throughout the UK too."
Gary Tebbatt is no stranger to the Pride in the Job competition judges as this is the seventh consecutive year that he has been commended. He comments "The key to a successful site is having a good team around you and I'm very fortunate here at The Chestnuts to have some hard working lads.
"Even though this is my fourth Seal of Excellence for The Chestnuts, I'm still overjoyed to have won. David Wilson Homes' customers have high expectations and it is my job to lead my team to ensure that these high standards are not only met, but exceeded, - and we'll keep striving forward to ensure even more success for the future."
Liam Hathaway who has worked for David Wilson East Midlands for 17 years, picked up his award for his work at St James View in Hathern. This year saw him pick up his first Quality Award and his first Seal of Excellence. He comments "It's a fantastic feeling knowing that you're amongst the top 130 site managers in the country and I'm absolutely delighted to have won my first Seal of Excellence.
"As a site manager you need to be organised but I couldn't have done it without great colleagues around me so this award is for them as much as it is for me and it's an absolute honour to receive it."
The Pride in the Job awards are the most coveted in the industry. Now in its 31st year, it is the only national competition that focuses on the site manager's role in producing high quality new homes. Judging takes place all year round and scores are given across 38 different areas of site management including technical knowledge, consistency in the build process, leadership and organisational skills.
David Wilson Homes' St James View on Loughborough Road in Hathern has just three remaining properties - three and five bedroom homes priced from £219,995 to £379,995.
The Chestnuts on Barkby Road in Syston has three, four and five bedroom homes from £207,995 to £419,995. The sales office is open daily from 10.30am to 5.30pm.
For more information about these new homes by David Wilson please call the sales hotline on 0844 811 5544.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- For further information about David Wilson East Midlands please contact Kayleigh Moore or Hannah Elwell, Unsworth Sugden, on 01162 471777 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- David Wilson East Midlands is Barratt Group sold 12,637 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
- Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the third consecutive year in the 2012 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- In 2012 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record eighth consecutive year.
- Barratt Group was named Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2011.
- Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to provide a five year warranty on the fixtures and fittings in its new build homes at the time of purchase.
- Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at