SOURCE: DC Brands International, Inc.

May 03, 2007 16:34 ET

DC Brands CEO and EVP Head to Vegas for Company-Sponsored Poker Event

Amateur Poker Tournament Held May 4-6 at Binion's Casino

DENVER, CO -- (MARKET WIRE) -- May 3, 2007 -- DC Brands International's (PINKSHEETS: DCBI) (DC Brands) President and CEO, Richard Pearce, and Executive Vice President, Richard Muscarella, left for Las Vegas today to attend the company-sponsored Amateur Poker Tournament. Held at Binion's Gambling Hall and Hotel on May 4-6, 2007, the tournament attracts an international group of players all vying for their fair share of the $175,000 prize pool. DC Brands will have a substantial presence at the event, with the "DC Girls" handing out Dickens Energy Cider and Turn Left Energy Drink to the players and spectators as well as making their rounds through the casino.

"We knew the Amateur Poker Tour was an event we wanted to support because it directly reaches our target consumer. Most poker tournaments only target the top 1 percent of the poker world. With this event's affordable buy-in, the tournament is reaching the other 99 percent of poker players, dramatically increasing our brands' reach," said Pearce.

Pearce and Muscarella follow their trip to business with several key meetings in the western region.

For more information on DC Brands International, visit their website at www.TurnLeftEnergy.com and DickensEnergyCider.com

Note: Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. Among the factors that could cause actual results or timelines to differ materially are risks associated with research and clinical development, regulatory approvals, supply capabilities and reliance on third-party manufacturers, product commercialization, competition, litigation, and the other risk factors listed from time to time in reports filed by DC Brands International with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to risks described under the caption "Important Factors That May Affect Our Business, Our Results of Operation and Our Stock Price." The forward-looking statements contained in this news release represent judgments of the management of DC Brands International as of the date of this release. DC Brands International and its managers and agents undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements.

Contact Information

  • CONTACT:
    Keith Howard
    303-279-3800