ARLINGTON, VA--(Marketwired - May 7, 2014) - Decision Lens, the leading provider of cloud-based strategic prioritization and resource optimization software, announced today the introduction of Decision Lens R&D and Innovation, specifically designed for increasing the Return on Investment (ROI) of programs across a large enterprise's R&D portfolio. The brand new product was developed to empower an organization to establish a more efficient, data-driven, and analytic process for selecting the most valuable R&D investments. Decision Lens incorporates sophisticated optimization algorithms, insightful visual analytics, and validated industry best practices to enable organizations from dozens of industries, including pharmaceuticals, consumer products, manufacturing, energy, and the public sector, to more quickly identify the R&D projects that will deliver the greatest impact on the organization's future. With Decision Lens R&D and Innovation, portfolio executives will be able to more strategically allocate the hundreds of millions of dollars in innovation spending their organizations invest each year.
Success in R&D is critical to the future of today's progressive organizations, which is made clear by the billions of dollars that are poured into product pipelines annually. Already used for strategic prioritization by Fortune 500 companies worldwide, Decision Lens streamlines the R&D investment analysis process while also empowering clients to make smarter, higher ROI selections with their budgets. The launch of Decision Lens R&D and Innovation will provide the enhanced analytics, visualizations, and insights top organizations need to prioritize their most valuable projects, optimize implementation, and make the most of their extremely valuable R&D resources.
"The unveiling of Decision Lens R&D and Innovation is a big step forward for product organizations who spend billions on innovation investments, yet don't have the right data and analytics in their hands to make the selections with the highest return," said John Kealey, CEO of Decision Lens. "Organizations from all innovation-driven industries need the same outcome: a well-thought out, performance-based investment plan for R&D technologies and projects that delivers high value against the strategic goals of the organization. Decision Lens is the solution they need to combine the analytics they want with the data they have and the expert opinions from across the organization to truly identify this plan."
Key features and benefits of Decision Lens R&D and Innovation include:
- Sophisticated - Maximize the return on your resources using the embedded optimization algorithms to find the answers and insights you can't find manually.
- Dynamic - Explore the impact of dozens of different investment scenarios or shifting priorities simultaneously, in advance of implementation.
- Comprehensive - Easily combine R&D investment assessment factors that are both quantitative and qualitative within one ratings model.
- Visual - Visual Analytics like Bubble Charts, Pareto Tables, and Visual Scenario Comparisons make it fast and intuitive to spot trends and answer questions about your R&D selection process.
- Insightful - Visualize ROI trade-offs across the portfolio, and see the impact when separate portfolios roll up into larger "portfolios of portfolios."
- Efficient - Accelerate the process with R&D Decision Blueprints®, industry-specific starter templates that incorporate many years of experience with customers within each industry segment, as well as input from industry experts, trusted journals, and research.
- Repeatable - Avoid recreating your R&D investment selection process year-after-year -- establish an on-going, repeatable process.
- Transparent - Implement a collaborative R&D selection process that removes the common concern of, "Where did this come from and who was involved?"
Decision Lens R&D and Innovation is available now for all innovation-driven organizations managing R&D budgets ranging from $50 million to $10 billion.
About Decision Lens
Decision Lens (@DecisionLens) develops progressive optimization software solutions that allow organizations to make complex decisions more effectively and efficiently. Our collaborative software platform structures decisions, quantifies intangible factors, and evaluates choices that enable organizations to reach their goals.
Decision Lens improves the speed and quality of prioritization and resource optimization, while maximizing returns, and providing accountability and transparency for how decisions are made.
Decision Lens software is used across government and commercial organizations for better prioritization and resource optimization. Key clients include AstraZeneca, Amtrak, Northrop Grumman, Joint Staff, US Navy, Air Force, and Army, and GlaxoSmithKline.
For more information contact Decision Lens at 703-399-2100 or visit http://www.decisionlens.com/contact.