SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 29, 2016) - Degreed, the education technology company that has created a universal way to empower and recognize all forms of professional and lifelong learning, is excited to announce the launch of its first native mobile app, available for free on iOS in the App Store. This native app launch follows a $21MM round of Series B funding (January 2016), and the company's first acquisition, of European-based company, Gibbon. Degreed's product development and mobile roll-out illustrate the market acceleration and need for empowerment and recognition of all types of individual, lifelong learning.
Degreed, which was previously available purely as a web application, is a universal way to discover, track, utilize and share learning from any source. The Degreed app provides users with content from countless external learning sources including: articles from thousands of publishers, podcasts and YouTube videos. The mobile app is designed to give users a personal profile to showcase all lifelong and professional learning while solving a problem for everyday learners who gain daily knowledge informally and fluidly through their phones.
Key Features Include:
- Personal Degreed Profile: Connect your mobile learning seamlessly to your online Degreed profile, where you'll see analytics and insights into your learning habits and can display a lifelong record of your learning.
- Curated Learning Content: Daily personalized playlists of videos, articles, podcasts, and other learning content delivered daily, based on your interests, preferences and social network.
- Instant Capture: Seamlessly add all of the content you've learned while on-the-go directly to your Degreed profile.
- Saved Content: Save articles, videos, etc. to review later on the app; instant and automatic transfer from desktop to mobile.
- Learning Network: Build a community and socialize (via Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, SMS) with people who are learning the same things you are and are interested in the same topics.
"People are increasingly learning informally -- on the go. Everyone knows this. But what is new is the ability to leverage all of those moments of learning into something greater. To turn that into professional credit. To leverage it to learn new skills. To level up. Degreed's mission is to make all learning matter," explains Co-founder & CEO, David Blake. "The Degreed app is an extension of that mission -- to help make all of that mobile learning matter -- in a big way, in your career and professionally with your employer."
The Degreed native app bridges the gap between people learning during their free time (usually on their phones) to standardizing and quantifying this knowledge to fuel their careers. It's important to recognize that our education does not end when we graduate formal schooling. The definition of true "education" is blurring -- people no longer solely attend a university to garner skills in concepts like code or graphic design. People learn from outside sources; conferences, online and during free time. Degreed's mission is to streamline all types of learning to create a lifelong learning profile that will help individuals and companies make smarter decisions previously based solely on formal education level and accomplishments.
For more information about Degreed visit: https://degreed.com
Degreed was founded to make all lifelong learning matter and help people around the world unlock their career dreams through validated, ongoing education. Used by thousands of individuals and organizations to discover, track and measure all learning, Degreed enables students to quantify and organize their education from any source -- formal and informal -- to unlock relevant employment and learning opportunities throughout their careers. Founded in 2012, Degreed is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Salt Lake City.
Learn more about Degreed at: Website | Facebook | Google+ | YouTube | LinkedIn | Twitter