January 11, 2017 16:03 ET
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Jan. 11, 2017) - Elections Canada
- The Associate Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Stéphane Perrault, has informed the leader of the Bridge Party of Canada that the party is deregistered effective January 31, 2017.
- The party is being deregistered for failing to comply with section 402 of the Canada Elections Act.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
Elections CanadaMedia Relations1-877-877-9515www.elections.ca
See all RSS Newsfeeds