September 09, 2016 13:15 ET
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Sept. 9, 2016) -
• The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has informed the leaders of
Forces et Démocratie and the Canada Party that their respective parties will be deregistered, effective September 30, 2016.
• The parties are being deregistered for failing to comply with requirements described in section 415 of the Canada Elections Act.
• The parties may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of their deregistration, and they will no longer be entitled to any of the benefits of registered parties under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
• A notice of the parties' deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
• An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
Elections CanadaMedia Relations1-877-877-9515www.elections.ca
See all RSS Newsfeeds