VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwired - October 14, 2016) - Destination BC is issuing a call for applicants to serve on its Tourism Marketing Committee (TMC) for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2017. Terms have expired for six (6) members, one from each of BC's tourism regions: Vancouver, Coast and Mountains; Vancouver Island; Thompson Okanagan; Cariboo Chilcotin Coast; Northern BC; and the Kootenay Rockies.
Experience and Skills
Interested applicants should possess the following experience and skills, to complement those of the current TMC members:
- Experience with tourism marketing on a global, national and/or provincial scale;
- A thorough understanding of tourism issues, sectors and opportunities;
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following:
- General experience with marketing plans and execution (integrated marketing campaigns, brand management, strategic partnerships, travel trade and online travel agencies); and/or
- Applied technical knowledge in content marketing; digital, social and digital marketing strategies; marketing research and data analytics.
Committee members are expected to work collaboratively with others, for the benefit of tourism province-wide, in a fully transparent and accountable process, and contribute to Destination BC's marketing objectives in a meaningful way, including prioritizing time for committee meetings and review of materials. Destination BC and regional representatives will evaluate qualified applicants and bring forward recommended nominations to Destination BC's Board of Directors for consideration.
The initial term of appointment is three years, beginning January 1, 2017. Committee members may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
The Committee will meet on a regular basis, on a schedule determined by TMC members and the CEO. The Committee will meet at least twice each year in person, coinciding with the annual strategic planning schedule created by Destination BC's Board of Directors.
Members of the committee will have their travel expenses reimbursed. Members will not receive compensation for meetings.
Each application must include the completed Application Form, including a résumé and any other supporting documents the candidate feels are relevant to this process.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM on October 28, 2016. Please submit your Application Form to: Nicole.Endrizzi@destinationbc.ca
Destination British Columbia established an industry-based Tourism Marketing Committee (TMC) in 2013, as outlined in the Destination BC Corp. Act, to provide advice to the Corporation's Board of Directors and CEO on:
- Marketing strategies for the organization;
- Ways to use Destination BC marketing strategies and programs to align tourism marketing programs across the province;
- Performance metrics to act as the basis for transparent tracking of the success of the organization's tourism marketing programming, and the performance of the tourism sector, particularly against key competitors; and
- Ways to use Destination British Columbia funds to leverage private sector tourism marketing funding.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
The TOR for the TMC can be found here. Destination BC and BC's Regional Destination Marketing Organizations (RDMOs) selected the founding members of the Tourism Marketing Committee in July 2013. The Committee is comprised of up to 21 members:
- Eighteen (18) regionally based members, three from each of British Columbia's six tourism regions;
- One member (1) nominated by the Aboriginal Tourism Association of British Columbia (AtBC), and
- Up to two (2) additional members appointed by the Destination BC Board in consultation with RDMOs, if necessary to ensure that the perspectives of all tourism sectors are represented on the Committee.
Collectively, TMC members must have the necessary range of skills and experience, regional and sector perspectives, and marketing knowledge to provide valued, strategic marketing advice to the CEO and Board. Additional information about the Tourism Marketing Committee can be found here.
About Destination BC:
Destination BC is an industry-led Crown corporation that works collaboratively with tourism stakeholders across the province to coordinate marketing at the international, provincial, regional and local levels. For more information about Destination BC's programs and services, please visit: www.DestinationBC.ca/