SOURCE: Diamond Multimedia
LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - May 14, 2014) - Diamond Multimedia today introduced the newest addition to its Wireless Range Extender product line, the Dual Band WR600NSI Wireless Range Extender. The new WR600NSI acts as a Wireless Repeater and Range Extender, and Wireless Bridge Device that eliminates wireless dead spots. The Dual Band 300Mbps Wireless Range Extender supports 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band, and 300Mbps band for 5.0GHz. It also comes with MIMO, 2T2R for 802.11b/g/n for 2.4GHz band and 2T2R for 802.11a/n for 5GHz band. This second-generation device is even easier to set up and has a new LED signal indicator and it can extend the wireless range as far as 30 meters.
Unlike ordinary Wi-Fi repeaters that require an external power supply adapter, WR600NSI's wall-plugged design empowers users to plug it directly into any available power outlet. The WR600NSI can take an existing 802.11n wireless signal, repeat it and send it to a longer range where it would have been too far for the router or access point to reach. It is designed with RSSI -- Received Signal Strength Indicators -- to determine the strength of the signal it receives from the router so that it can be placed in the optimal location, a new function that the first generation model did not have. The WR600NSI acts as a Wireless Bridge Device by receiving wireless signal from your home wireless network and converting to wired Ethernet connections for non-wireless devices such as Internet-ready HDTV, Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, and media players. Check out video here.
- Repeater. Extends the coverage of your existing wireless network. Ideal for hard to reach locations or network blind spots.
- Wireless Bridge (Wireless to wired Ethernet support)
- Compatibility. Compatible to any wireless router brand.
- Portability. Miniature size, portable and wall-mounted design makes it easy to deploy anywhere.
- Intelligent RSSI. Received Signal Strength Indicators that determines the best location to place the repeater.
- Plug and Play. Easy device pairing with any client devices, involving no complex configurations.
- Dual Band 300Mbps Wireless Range Extender with MIMO
- Supports ratified 802.11n technology
- 2T2R for 802.11b/g/n for 2.4GHz band and 2T2R for 802.11a/n for 5GHz band
- Supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption
- User-friendly web-based GUI and easy hardware setup
- Portable, no need of external power adapter
- Support WPS to both Router and Client devices
Pricing and Availability
The Diamond WR600NSI is now available at the Diamond Multimedia Online Store, and will be available in late May, 2014 at authorized resellers including Amazon, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center, NCIX, Newegg, Tiger Direct, as well Future Shops, and Best Buy Canada. The device retails at $59.99.
The Diamond WR600NSI Wireless Range Extender comes with a one year limited warranty, a Diamond guarantee of quality manufacturing and US-based customer support system.
About Diamond Multimedia
For over two decades, Diamond Multimedia has been widely recognized as a pioneer and a driving force in the graphics, sound and communications industries and a key player in launching the multimedia revolution. Today, Diamond Multimedia offers a diverse portfolio of complete multimedia solutions. Ranging from AMD Radeon graphics cards and video capture devices to set top boxes and a wide range of consumer electronics accessories, the company is committed to providing customers with the latest quality technology combined with outstanding service and support.
Diamond products are available to the public throughout North America and Europe through retailers, resellers and systems integrators as well as top technology product distributors. Diamond products stand for performance, quality and value.
USA Customer Support