SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 11, 2012) - DotNetNuke Corp., the company behind the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for Microsoft .NET, today announced that it has signed a strategic alliance with Microsoft to offer its Social Content Management System (CMS) through Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud. The terms of the agreement include an investment from Microsoft to support engineering, sales and marketing over the next four years. Additionally, Microsoft is providing technology assistance, as the two companies work together to build a world-class cloud offering.
"Over the last year, our customers in the upper mid-market and enterprise have been requesting a world-class cloud infrastructure to host their mission-critical content and functionally rich, web properties," said Navin Nagiah, CEO of DotNetNuke. "We are working with Microsoft to bring our customers a powerful Windows Azure-based CMS that is both reliable and elastic."
The Windows Azure-based service will provide the power and flexibility of DotNetNuke's Social CMS without requiring users to install and manage the software and hardware required to run the platform. Everything an organization needs to build content rich, social websites is provided as a cloud-based service including:
- One-Click Installation and Setup - Customers select a service plan and a new DotNetNuke installation and a website are automatically created.
- Full Feature Set - Access to all of DotNetNuke's powerful CMS features, including site management, social collaboration, granular security, advanced content workflows, document management, page and module caching, analytics, and mobile site management.
- App Store - Customers can build and customize websites by purchasing applications and design templates through the DotNetNuke Store.
- Custom Development - Organizations that wish to develop custom functionality have full access to the DotNetNuke platform and API. Some service offerings include full file system access for developers.
- Upgrades - The service streamlines and simplifies the process of upgrading a site to a newer version of the DotNetNuke platform.
- Import/Export - Existing sites can be moved onto the cloud platform or exported to another hosting provider.
- Backup and Restore - Sites are automatically backed and earlier versions can be restored.
- Test Sites - Plans include the ability to test websites before they are made publically available.
DotNetNuke began offering Windows Azure-based trials of its professional edition software worldwide, localized into five languages, earlier this year. The company today opened up registration for a beta version of its cloud offering that will be available in Q4 2012. DotNetNuke is scheduled to make the service generally available in early 2013, with service plans for mid-sized businesses and enterprises.
"Social experiences are ideal for cloud computing; they are consumed across many devices and browsers and they also need to scale based on fluctuations in usage," said Kim Akers, General Manager of Microsoft. "With Windows Azure developers can build social experiences that take advantage of a reliable cloud backend and a scalable way to manage and continually refine their sites. DotNetNuke's Windows Azure-based offering is designed to make it easy for organizations to build and deploy websites."
The alliance extends DotNetNuke and Microsoft's close collaboration across multiple initiatives including:
- DotNetNuke Community Edition availability through Microsoft CodePlex, the open source project hosting service
- DotNetNuke's inclusion in Web Platform Installer
- DotNetNuke's inclusion in Web Matrix installer for developers
- DotNetNuke's participation in Microsoft Technology Adoption Program (TAP) for Windows Azure
- Development of a RAZOR module for the DotNetNuke Platform
- Microsoft's Diamond Sponsorship of DNN World 2012
Related Links and Conversations
About DotNetNuke Corp.
DotNetNuke software is used by developers, designers and business people to quickly build and easily maintain websites of all kinds. DotNetNuke is the most widely deployed Web CMS native to the .NET platform -- more than 700,000 websites have been deployed worldwide using our products. Our online store speeds up this process by offering thousands of apps and add-ons that quickly and easily extend our product. Thousands of organizations like True Value Hardware, Bose, Cornell University, Glacier Water, Dannon, Delphi, USAA, NASCAR, Northern Health, and the City of Denver have leveraged DNN to deploy highly engaging business critical websites. There have been over 7 million downloads of our open source project, which fuels an active global community one million strong. The rapid growth of our commercial products resulted in DotNetNuke Corp. being named as one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine in 2011 and 2012. Founded in 2006 and funded by Sierra Ventures, August Capital and Pelion Venture Partners, DotNetNuke Corp. is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in Vancouver and Amsterdam.
DotNetNuke® and DNN® are registered trademarks of DNN Corp. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.