SOURCE: Imagine Communications
SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 4, 2013) - Imagine Communications, a leading innovator in advanced digital video solutions, today announced version 4.3 of the ICE® Video Platform, yet another upgrade to the widely deployed video processing platform. Chief among the new v4.3 capabilities is a doubling of system density, enabling a fifty percent power savings per stream and significantly reduced total hardware costs. Other features include DASH streaming, enhanced usability, and powerful remote diagnostic tools.
Imagine's ICE Video Platform is a powerful video processing solution providing service providers the ability to deliver an unparalleled viewing experience, while realizing the most efficient network resource utilization. Imagine's technology serves thousands of live streams to more than half of all US digital cable subscribers. Version 4.3 of the ICE Video Platform is now in deployment at several large North American service providers for IPTV, broadcast multiplexing and switched digital video staging.
"Imagine works closely with our partners to deliver the cutting-edge of server and processor technology enabling better picture quality and more subscriber choice on a platform designed for maximum power and space efficiency," said Imagine Communications' CTO and Founder, Ron Gutman. "Our customers demand the highest levels of compression quality and system reliability. We've invested in an architecture that enables us to meet and exceed those expectations while continuously reducing our footprint, and it's great to have that investment validated by our customers and partners."
Key features and benefits in the ICE Video Platform version 4.3 include:
- Double System Density - The ICE Video Platform Blade System now supports over 500 simultaneous inputs and outputs, with integrated support for HD and SD statistical multiplexing, re-coding and TV Anywhere transcoding.
- Increased Flexibility & Interoperability - Multi-codec and Multiscreen audio and video transcoding along with HLS and DASH packaging, allows service providers to receive content in any format and distribute in any format to any device, over any service delivery network.
- Hardware Reliability and Density - Imagine's ICE Video Platform is available on a carrier-class blade system chassis with proven resiliency systems ensuring the highest degree of system uptime and reliability. The ICE Video Platform is also available on a high-density 1RU and 2 RU (rack unit) platforms capable of delivering up to 16 1080p HD or 32 SD video channels with unmatched power savings and cooling efficiencies.
- Automatic Gain Control for Audio - With dual mode automatic audio loudness leveling, the ICE Video Platform can adjust both quickly to rapid changes in audio level (typical of program or ad insertion) as well as slowly to allow for the dramatic integrity of loud or quiet scenes to be maintained.
- Local Broadcast Channel Multiplexing - Local broadcast channels have special requirements with regard to the PSIP (Program and System Information Protocol) data carried along with the video and audio streams. The ICE Video Platform 4.3 not only offers service providers with a mechanism to maintain support for PSIP data, but additionally provides a unique PID remapping and redundancy solution without the use of any additional equipment or licensing.
About Imagine Communications
Imagine Communications is a leading innovator in digital video solutions, enabling content providers and system operators to deliver bandwidth-intensive services with optimum video quality and Quality of Experience (QoE). Imagine's products serve the digital IPTV and broadcast markets as well as emerging PersonalizedTV® applications such as Multiscreen TV Anywhere, Network PVR (nPVR) and Mobile Video. Imagine is based in San Diego, Calif. with R&D in Israel. Imagine's management team includes industry leaders with decades of experience delivering innovations in video communications. For more information, visit www.imaginecommunications.com.
The Imagine logo, ICE-Q, ICE, ICE Illustrate, Enabling PersonalizedTV and PersonalizedTV are registered trademarks of Imagine Communications, Inc. Other company, product and service names mentioned herein may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.