BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - Jul 31, 2012) - Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today announced that DoubleHorn Communications, a provider of wholesale communications services, turn-key cloud business applications and managed services, has deployed Acme Packet solutions to secure and control its IP communications service offerings. DoubleHorn is using Acme Packet's Net-Net® Enterprise Session Director-Server Edition and SIP Trunk Xpress solutions to reduce network infrastructure cost and complexity, streamline operations, and accelerate time-to-market.
- DoubleHorn chose Acme Packet's Net-Net Session Director-Server Edition session border controller (SBC) as a key part of both its wholesale and retail communications services infrastructure. With Acme Packet, DoubleHorn is able to leverage a unified, highly-scalable, SBC product offering for both business lines.
- The Net-Net Enterprise Session Director-Server Edition SBC enables DoubleHorn to reduce equipment expenses and simplify sparing and operations, by using industry-standard servers for border control functions.
- The SIP Trunk Xpress application helps DoubleHorn accelerate time-to-market for cloud-based services by automating manually-intensive and error-prone SIP trunking configuration tasks. The solution saves time and effort for the DoubleHorn operations team and reduces delays caused by human error.
- Going forward, DoubleHorn plans to leverage the Net-Net Enterprise Session Director-Virtual Machine Edition to drive additional cost savings and enable on-demand services. By integrating the Acme Packet platforms with its end-to-end provisioning systems, DoubleHorn plans to offer end-user, web-based self-selection tools to accelerate service enablement and reduce operational expenditures even further.
Benefits to DoubleHorn:
- Rapid time-to-market for new services and new customers
- Substantial administrative savings with SIP Trunk Xpress automated provisioning functions
- Unified, scalable SBC portfolio addresses wholesale and retail requirements
"Thanks to Acme Packet, we can turn-up customers much more quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively," said Tab Schadt, CEO of DoubleHorn Communications. "Acme Packet solutions help us simplify operations and contain costs by solving interoperability issues, exploiting industry-standard servers, and automating common configuration tasks."
"DoubleHorn Communications provides critical retail business services and cloud-based wholesale technologies to enterprises, and wanted an SBC partner that could support both its services," said Tim Ziemer, vice president of North America and Asia Pacific Japan sales, Acme Packet. "By integrating their leading technologies with Acme Packet's multipurpose solution, we helped DoubleHorn increase margins while maximizing their customers' satisfaction with their services."
More about DoubleHorn Communications and Acme Packet:
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, DoubleHorn, VoIP, voice over IP, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, SIP trunking, IP communications services, voice, session border controller, SBC
About DoubleHorn Communications
DoubleHorn Communications is a Managed Cloud-based Services Provider, founded in January 2005, specializing in delivering Unified Communications, XaaS, Broadband, Hosted VoIP/PBX and IT services to the SMB and Enterprise markets and select Platform Wholesale customers.
DoubleHorn owns and operates a proven IP/SIP communications platform and we are well known for our attention to customer service. Our team is led by industry veterans who drive execution by business communications sales professionals, VoIP technicians, service delivery managers, systems engineers, and senior operational team members to name a few.
Among DoubleHorn's specialties are Hosted VOIP/PBX, Managed Broadband and Network, SIP Trunking, Cloud Services Brokerage, Cloud-based B2B Apps, SIP Peering, XaaS, and XoIP.
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, video, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 250 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,775 customers in 109 countries have deployed over 19,000 Acme Packet systems, including 89 of the top 100 service providers and 45 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, among other things, DoubleHorn's plans to leverage the Net-Net Session Director-Virtual Machine Edition in any manner for any purpose, Doublehorn's plans to offer additional tools and services by integrating the Acme Packet platform, expected financial and operating results, expected growth rates, future stock-based compensation and amortization expenses, future business prospects and market conditions. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These include, but are not limited to: the amount of stock-based compensation awarded; the applicable Company stock price used to determine stock-based compensation; the exercise pattern of employee stock options; difficulties expanding the Company's customer base; difficulties leveraging market opportunities; difficulties providing solutions that meet the needs of customers; poor product sales; long sales cycles; difficulties developing new products; difficulties in relationships with vendors and partners; higher risks in international operations; difficulties managing rapid growth; difficulties managing the Company's financial performance; the ability to hire and retain employees and appropriately staff operations; the Company's cash needs; the impact of new accounting pronouncements and increased competition. Additional factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.