MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 10, 2014) - drchrono Inc., the creator of a free Electronic Health Record (EHR) platform on the iPad, iPhone and cloud, today announced its EHR platform will be certified for Meaningful Use Stage 2 and will be ready to take advantage of the new standards that go into effect on October 1, 2014. Stage 2 includes advanced clinical processes and interoperability standards allowing for a more consistent flow of data between health plans, patients and providers.
With more than 60,000 medical professionals using drchrono's EHR platform, drchrono is committed to developing a platform for the medical community to help streamline online medical processes and guarantees its platform will reach compliancy later this year.
Meaningful Use Stage 2 will provide the following benefits to patients and providers:
- Patient Access and Patient Communication - There will be more emphasis on patient involvement, secure messaging and ultimately giving the power back to the patients.
- Advanced Clinical Processes - While Stage 1 was focused on data capturing; Stage 2 is focused on taking that data and making it meaningful. The goal is to improve the quality and processes to for better outcomes.
- Interoperability Between EHR's - Consistent data allows seamless transition of care, more continuous care, less unnecessary repetition for the patients and using technology to remedy issues in our healthcare industry.
- More Complete Medical Record - New required features include Family Medical History and Immunization Submissions that will provide a more complete picture of a patient's health.
- Strict Certification Requirements - Far fewer EHR's will pass the requirements this time around and there will be a higher quality of standards for those who can achieve certification.
"Our goal is to offer customers a seamless transition to Stage 2 and continue to educate the medical community about the many benefits of moving patient records and billing to an online platform," said Michael Nusimow, CEO and Co-Founder of drchrono. "Our team of expert designers and developers are working diligently to ensure that our platform will meet the strict requirements and be one of the few EHR providers to go live way before October 1."
"drchrono's mobile EHR platform has empowered our practice to leverage technology and improved efficiencies so we have more time for patient care. The team at drchrono has done an excellent job communicating the rollout plan to ensure we're ready to take advantage of the new Stage 2 clinical processes that will offer more benefits to our patients," Dr. Bill J. Metaxas, The Foot and Ankle Institute of San Francisco.
drchrono is certified as a Complete EHR by the ONC-ATCB. drchrono can be used in medical practices to qualify for the Government EHR Incentive Program. The HITECH Act specifies that physicians can qualify for $24,000 in Medicare Incentives (if attestation begins in 2014) or more in economic stimulus incentives for adopting a Certified EHR. The government is putting in $19.2 billion dollars to encourage all doctors move from paper records onto electronic systems. Incentives are paid per provider. Each practitioner in a practice can qualify for $24,000 in Medicare Incentives or $63,750 in Medicaid Incentives.
For new customers that want to download and get started with the free drchrono EHR platform, please visit https://www.drchrono.com/products/ehr/. You can also learn more about the platform and sign up for a drchrono daily demo.
drchrono focuses on Apple's iPad, iPhone and cloud computing to build a better healthcare experience. They offer a free EHR platform built on the iPad that is Meaningful Use certified. drchrono is also the first iPad EHR to implement real time clinical speech-to-text, patient eligibility checks and iPad based medical billing. drchrono handles everything a doctor needs to run their practice, including medical records, electronic prescribing, medical billing, and patient management. For more information, visit https://drchrono.com
The drchrono iPad EHR is 2011/2012 compliant and has been certified by InfoGard Laboratories, an ONC-ATCB, as a complete EHR in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. drchrono version 9.0 was Stage 1 certified on June 3, 2011. The ONC certification ID number is IG-2492-11-0083