NASHUA, NH--(Marketwired - Oct 31, 2016) - Dresner Advisory Services today launched the Real Business Intelligence™ conference. The conference is the first industry event for business and IT leaders focused completely on strategies for success with business intelligence, advanced analytics, and performance management, focusing on real world best practices and proven methods.
The event will be held July 11-12, 2017, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Tang Center in Cambridge, MA. The focus of the two-day event will be on what works, with pragmatic and actionable takeaways in each session. Applications to attend this exclusive executive forum are being accepted now. For more information, visit www.realbusinessintelligence.com.
"Technology is rarely the reason these efforts succeed or fail. Rather the challenge lies in aligning people and process with technology as an enabler," said Howard Dresner, founder and chief research officer at Dresner Advisory Services. "While other industry conferences concentrate primarily upon technology, our goal is to provide real-world advice and coaching around the strategies and tactics for overcoming challenges and roadblocks and help attendees become more successful with these initiatives."
Howard Dresner and Bill Hostmann, research fellow at Dresner Advisory Services, are the conference co-chairs. The executive forum will feature customer case studies as well as expert and customer panels, with topics including:
- The state of Business Intelligence today
- Building a performance-directed culture and organization
- Analytics and the Digital Enterprise
- Creating and sustaining a governance program
- Secrets of building actionable key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Launching a successful data science/advanced analytics program
- Moving BI to the Cloud. Key decisions and implications
- The role of systems integrators in your project
- Understanding traditional, big data, and emerging analytical data architectures
The conference features an exciting roster of speakers with more industry experts to be announced in the future. Confirmed speakers include:
- Thomas W. Malone - Professor, MIT Sloan School, founding director MIT Center for Collective Intelligence; author of "The Future of Work" and "Handbook of Collective Intelligence"
- Mico Yuk - Co founder BI Brainz; author of "Data Visualization for Dummies"
- Chuck Hooper - Business Intelligence and visualization expert; author of "59 Minutes to Great Storytelling"
- David Dadoun - Senior Manager, BI & Data Governance, ALDO Group
- Jim Ericson - VP and Research Director, Dresner Advisory Services
- Rob Rose - Director Research Operations, Dresner Advisory Services
Platinum conference sponsors currently include: Information Builders; Pentaho, a Hitachi Group Company; and Salesforce.
Gold conference sponsors currently include: Dimensional Insight and Jedox AG.
"We're thrilled to launch this unique event focused on the people and skills, organization and processes, and best practices found within successful BI, advanced analytics and performance management initiatives," said Bill Hostmann, research fellow at Dresner Advisory Services and the conference co-chair. "We have lined up excellent speakers who are experts in their fields for an exciting agenda of topics and we look forward to welcoming attendees to our executive forum at MIT in Cambridge next July."
About Dresner Advisory Services
Dresner Advisory Services was formed by Howard Dresner, an independent analyst, author, lecturer, and business adviser. Dresner Advisory Services, LLC focuses on creating and sharing thought leadership for Business Intelligence (BI) and related areas such as advanced and predictive analytics, enterprise planning and end user data preparation.