AVON, OH--(Marketwire - Jul 26, 2012) - Duck® brand is hitting the road this summer with the first-ever Duck Tape® "Rolls Across America" Tour. The custom, bright green, 31-foot Duck® Bus will make its way to duct tape enthusiasts in over a dozen major U.S. cities now through December. Celebrating 70 years of duct tape history, the mobile experience features a variety of fun, interactive activities -- both inside and outside the bus.
Inside, guests will find a wide range of duct-tape memorabilia, displays, costumes and information. A few highlights include:
- Interactive Area - Several iPad® stations and touch screens allow guests to interact with all-things Duck Tape® and learn about how the product is made, see just how strong it really is, watch tutorials about how to make a Duck Tape® wallet as well as other fun "Ducktivities™."
- Fan Photo Wall - In appreciation of their millions of Duck Tape® Facebook fans, the Duck® Bus features a wall-sized photo collage of the amazing and unique Duck Tape® craft projects shared by these fans.
- Duck Tape® Fashion - Two stylish mannequins are adorned in one-of-a-kind Duck Tape® formalwear, displayed in honor of the annual Duck® brand Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest.
- 70 Years of Duct Tape - For anyone who has ever asked "What's the difference between "duct" tape and "Duck®" Tape; or "When was duct tape first invented?"... the answers can be found on the detailed, seven-foot timeline that showcases duct tape's impressive 70-year history.
The fun doesn't stop inside the bus. Enthusiasts will find more interactive experiences outside, including:
- Video and Photo Kiosk - Everyone seems to have a duct tape story and this video kiosk allows them to share how Duck Tape® saved their day. Guests can create a short video message, or snap a souvenir photo against a Duck Tape® backdrop.
- Life-Sized Sculptures - Take your picture with life-sized Duck Tape® sculptures and cut-outs, including Hello Kitty®, SpongeBob SquarePants® and more.
- Ducktivities™ - Once you've been inspired by all things Duck Tape®, craft something yourself! Duck Tape® devotees can try their hand at making their very own take-home Duck Tape® craft.
"We're proud of the innovation and creativity that the Duck® brand family represents, and we're thrilled to be taking that Duck Tape® experience on the road and bringing it to so many great communities across the country," said Bill Kahl, executive vice president of marketing for ShurTech Brands, LLC, the makers of Duck® brand duct tape. "We get to share the latest Duck Tape® products and hear from new and long-time Duck Tape® enthusiasts about their appreciation for the sticky stuff. There's truly something for everyone on this tour, and we can't wait to share the fun."
Don't miss a single step of the tour -- follow the Duck Tape® "Rolls Across America" Tour on the Duck Tape® Facebook page, and get tour updates by using #duckbus to join the official Twitter/Instagram stream.
To see the latest duct tape creations, or share your latest masterpiece, visit www.duckbrand.com. And, keep up-to-date on all Duck® brand duct tape news by becoming our fan on Facebook (http://facebook.com/ducktape) and following us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/theduckbrand).
DUCK TAPE® BRAND DUCT TAPE
An American original, Duck® brand is known for its quality and innovation which now includes more than 100 colors, prints and licenses. Duck® brand duct tape is available nationally at mass merchandise, craft, hardware, home center, food, drug, office, auto and specialty retailers in colors like aqua, fluorescent green, pink, orange and yellow, and prints such as Hello Kitty®, SpongeBob SquarePants®, Spider-Man®, Zig-Zag Zebra®, Spotted Leopard™, and Hot Rod™. Duck® brand also offers College Duck Tape® and the new NFL® Team Logo Duck Tape® brand duct tape featuring logos from favorite college and NFL® teams.
Duck Tape® is marketed by ShurTech Brands, LLC, and the Duck® brand, which offers an array of tapes, packaging supplies and home products that provide simple, imaginative and helpful solutions for a variety of tasks around the home, school and office. Visit DuckBrand.com for additional product information. And, keep up-to-date on Duck® brand news by joining our more than five million fans on Facebook® (facebook.com/ducktape) or by following us on Twitter® (@theduckbrand).
ShurTech Brands, LLC, markets do-it-yourself tapes, office and housewares products under the Duck®, Painter's Mate Green®, FrogTape®, Caremail®, Easy Liner® and Shurtape® brands. The company is a subsidiary of Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory, N.C., an industry-leading producer of pressure sensitive masking, duct, packaging and specialty tape products, with facilities in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico, Peru, United Arab Emirates and China. Shurtape services numerous markets, including industrial, packaging, HVAC, professional paint, auto, marine, aerospace, arts and entertainment, and retail. Shurtape also manufactures and markets the Shurtape® and Kip® brands. Visit www.shurtech.com for more information.
iPad® is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
Hello Kitty® is a registered trademark of Sanrio, Inc.
SpongeBob SquarePants® is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc.
Spider-Man® is a registered trademark of Marvel Characters, Inc.
NFL® is a registered trademark of the National Football League
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.