Duke Energy Income Fund

Duke Energy Income Fund

November 20, 2006 12:47 ET

Duke Energy Income Fund Declares November Distribution

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(CCNMatthews - Nov. 20, 2006) - Duke Energy Income Fund (TSX:DET.UN) has declared a monthly distribution relating to the period November 1, 2006 to November 30, 2006, of $0.07 per unit payable on December 15, 2006 to unitholders of record on November 30, 2006.

Duke Energy Income Fund is an unincorporated open-ended trust established under the laws of the Province of Alberta and owns a 53.8 percent indirect interest in Duke Energy Facilities LP ("DEF LP") which owns 100 per cent of Duke Energy Midstream Services Canada Corporation ("Duke Midstream"). Duke Energy Corporation ("Duke Energy") indirectly owns the remaining 46.2 percent interest of DEF LP and is the sponsor of the Fund. Duke Midstream is one of the largest independent midstream operations in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin ("WCSB") with interests in thirteen natural gas processing plants with a net processing capacity of 904 mmcf/d and over 1,600 kilometres of natural gas gathering pipelines located throughout natural gas prone areas in the western extent of the WCSB. More information on Duke Energy Income Fund can be found at: http://www.dukeenergyincomefund.com.

Duke Energy Gas Transmission ("DEGT") is a North American leader in the long-haul transportation and storage of natural gas. For more than three-quarters of a century, DEGT and its predecessor companies have developed the critically important pipelines and related energy infrastructure that connects natural gas supply sources to premium markets. Based in Houston, Texas, the company's assets include about 17,500 miles of transmission pipeline and 250 billion cubic feet of storage capacity in the U.S. and transmission pipeline and 250 billion cubic feet of storage capacity in the U.S. and Canada. DEGT also has natural gas gathering, processing and distribution assets and natural gas liquids operations that are among the largest in Canada. In June, Duke Energy announced a plan to separate its electric and gas businesses. DEGT, along with Duke Energy's 50 percent ownership in Duke Energy Field Services, expects to become a stand-alone, publicly traded company known as Spectra Energy Corp. Targeted separation date is Jan.1, 2007. More information can be found at: http://www.degt.duke-energy.com.

Duke Energy is a diversified energy company with a portfolio of natural gas and electric businesses, both regulated and unregulated, and an affiliated real estate company. Duke Energy supplies, delivers and processes energy for customers in the Americas. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available on the Internet at: http://www.duke-energy.com.

Contact Information