TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jan. 8, 2014) - Today, Dx3, Canada's largest event focused on digital marketing, digital advertising & digital retail and Extreme Startups, a leading venture backed startup accelerator, launched "The Extreme Startups Acceleration Zone @ Dx3" - a ground-breaking new partnership aimed at putting Canada's future leading digital product companies in front of brands eager to be at the forefront of global digital marketing and commerce innovation.
Marcus Daniels, Managing Director of Extreme Startups comments: "through our partnership with Dx3, our Spring 2014 cohort will kick off our Advanced Track program with an opportunity to not only launch to the general public, but also transact with over 4,000 potential customers. Dx3 has a phenomenal track record for attracting decision makers from leading brands, agencies and retailers looking to connect with digital innovation."
How the partnership & funding works
- Apply for Extreme Startups Advanced Track program (www.ExtremeStartups.com/apply)
- Up to 24 finalists will be selected to pitch Extreme Startups investment committee comprised of Canada's leading Venture Capitalists & the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE)
- Up to 6 startups will be selected to receive $30K seed investment from Extreme Startups
- If eligible, the OCE will provide $30K in funding to match Extreme Startups' investment
- In addition to these initial investments, BDC Venture Capital may invest up to $150,000 upon completion of the Extreme Startups program
- Each startup will receive intensive mentor-driven programming for 4 months (March 2014 - June 2014), over $200K in perks and office space at Extreme Startups in Toronto
The companies selected to be funded will be showcased over the two-day Dx3 Conference, in the "Extreme Startups Acceleration Zone" (along with other Extreme Startup portfolio companies) with the opportunity to pitch to an audience of Canada's leading investors, agencies, brands and retailers all looking to enhance their digital offerings. The program will commence in March 2014 and continue to June 2014. Applications have a rolling admission until February 15, 2013.
Anthony Lipkin, Marketing Director of Dx3 continues: "Dx3 is as committed as ever in helping Canadian startups increase their visibility on a global scale, but more importantly we hope that through our partnership with Extreme Startups, Dx3 contributes to the actual business growth of the participating companies. To be part of a partnership where entrepreneurs will have access to best in class mentorship, ambitious funding and access to a collaborative and connected Dx3 community, is a privilege."
About Extreme Startups:
Extreme Startups is a venture backed startup accelerator that supercharges founder development, expedites product-market fit and graduates fundable companies. Our evolved programs provide an unrivaled combination of seed capital (up to $210K), digital product leadership education and access to a global pool of mentors. Investors and financial partners include Extreme Venture Partners, Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Relay Ventures, Rho Canada Ventures, Pinetree Capital and Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE). For more information, please visit: http://www.ExtremeStartups.com.
Dx3 is Canada's largest conference and trade show focused on digital marketing, digital advertising and digital retailing. It brings agencies, brands, publishers & retailers together for two days of networking and education. Dx3 2014 will take place March 5 & 6 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. For more information please visit: www.dx3canada.com.