NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Mar 5, 2014) - Articulate, developer of e-learning software, content, and community that's changing the way the world learns, today announced the release of Articulate Studio '13 Update 2. With the product update, Articulate further improves the market-leading suite for rapid authoring of courses, quizzes, and other e-learning content.
Articulate Studio '13 makes it simple for subject matter experts and e-learning developers to transform PowerPoint content into online and mobile courses. It's the fastest, easiest way to create a presentation-based online course and is the industry standard in rapid authoring. The Articulate Studio '13 suite is composed of Articulate Presenter '13, Articulate Quizmaker '13, Articulate Engage '13, and Articulate Replay.
New to Articulate Studio '13 Update 2:
Make Content Accessible
- Deliver accessible content to learners using screen readers with the new Section 508 support in Presenter, Quizmaker, and Engage.
- Create audio-only versions of Presenter courses by exporting narration to a single MP3 file. Learners can then listen to course narration on any mobile or MP3 device.
Localize for Global Audiences
- Easily translate Quizmaker and Engage content by exporting text to Microsoft Word or XML for translation, then importing edited text back into the software with formatting preserved.
- Localize the Presenter player by exporting text for player elements to Microsoft Word or XML, then importing translated text back into Presenter.
- Translate into non-Western languages with new support for right-to-left scripts -- such as Arabic and Hebrew -- and double-byte character sets (DBCS) -- such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
Deliver enhanced HTML5 Output
- Convey information in more ways with support for even more Microsoft PowerPoint animations and slide transitions in HTML5 output.
- Display sidebar videos and elapsed/total time in HTML5 courses.
Improve video quality
- See up to 300% improvement in video quality in published courses.
"Our customers can now deliver accessible content, easily translate courses for global audiences, create audio versions for learners on the go, and provide an enhanced experience for learners using HTML5-enabled devices," said Arlyn Asch, CTO of Articulate. "And that means that it's easier than ever for them to reach all their learners."
Now used by 93 of the Fortune 100 companies and 19 of the 20 top U.S. News and World Report ranked universities, Articulate's software makes it easy for businesses and organizations to develop online and mobile courses that fully engage their learners in a creative and captivating way. Articulate currently offers two major e-learning authoring solutions: Articulate Storyline and Articulate Studio '13. Articulate also offers Articulate Mobile Player, a mobile app for viewing Articulate courses natively on iPad.
Articulate Storyline and Articulate Studio have collectively won more than 40 prestigious awards, including Best of Elearning! Magazine awards for eight straight years, a Gold Stevie Award, and most recently the 2013 Brandon Hall Group Gold Award for Best Advance in Content Authoring Technology.
Articulate develops e-learning software, content, and community that's changing the way the world learns. The company's 40,000+ customers worldwide include 93 of the Fortune 100 companies, 19 of the 20 top-ranked U.S. universities, and organizations in virtually every industry. By focusing on customers, Articulate has earned the trust of more than half a million e-learning professionals, creating the largest following in the industry. For more information, please visit www.articulate.com.