SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - July 12, 2016) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that eBay Classifieds Group, an innovative leader in online classified advertisements with twelve brands around the globe, has deployed Juniper Networks® Contrail Networking to build automated and highly scalable virtual overlay networks, enabling its customers to easily buy, sell, trade and connect. Juniper Networks QFX Series switches have been selected by the company as the foundational physical infrastructure element to power its cloud-based network and ensure reliability and faster response times.
eBay Classifieds Group moved its operations to the cloud to expedite its business processes drastically by reducing the time to build and bring its classified platforms online. Juniper and Infradata's SDN-based approach enabled eBay Classfieds to roll out new services in more than one country within a few hours.
eBay Classifieds Group had a need to support multiple internal clients and multiple requirements for testing and production networks unique to each market. The company selected Juniper and Infradata as they provide leading cloud networking powered by open technology. eBay Classifieds Group also simplified problem resolution and received superior support, resulting in issues being handled more expeditiously.
- Juniper Networks Contrail Networking is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly scalable virtual overlay networks and readily adapts to customer needs. Contrail has been selected as the leading commercial SDN Controller in OpenStack deployments for the third consecutive year by OpenStack Users Survey.
- eBay Classifieds Groups' new service platform, powered by Contrail Networking, reduces time-to-market for new customized services and campaigns, by connecting virtual resources located across private cloud and legacy infrastructure.
- Contrail Networking creates and orchestrates easy-to-manage virtual overlay networks that integrate seamlessly with eBay Classifieds Groups' physical hardware systems.
- Using Contrail Networking, eBay Classifieds Group can extend virtual overlay networks across multiple data centers and clouds, enabling flexible workload mobility and workload placement.
- eBay Classifieds Groups' cloud is built using QFX5100 switches, a highly flexible data center switching platform with open architectures that serves as a universal building block for multiple fabric architectures.
- The overall infrastructure is underpinned by Junos® OS, Juniper's single operating system.
- Juniper Networks' partner for the eBay Classifieds Group deployment is Infradata, a leading network integrator dedicated to the design, implementation and support of next generation networks for service providers and mission critical networks.
"eBay Classifieds Group helps people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. We are proud of the trust we earn from people when they visit, connect and trade on any of our global sites. We constantly create new innovative services that can deliver substantial value to our customers. Juniper, with its customer-first approach, provides us with the network but also enables us to provide an excellent customer service."
-Maarten Moerman, manager of network engineering at eBay Classifieds Group, Netherlands
"High-performance companies like eBay Classifieds Group need an open SDN solution for cloud that increases business agility through creation of highly-scalable, virtual overlay networks that are easy to manage and orchestrate. With Contrail Networking, eBay Classifieds Group can quickly incorporate new capabilities into its network, while decreasing development time."
-Jennifer Blatnik, vice president of cloud, security and enterprise portfolio marketing at Juniper Networks
"Infradata has been working with eBay Classifieds for a long time to provide it with various network technologies such as load balancing, switching, routing and security, so moving together to software defined architecture was the next natural step. The real winners in this project are end users with significant increase in platform performance."
-Nino Tomovski, vice president international at Infradata Group
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. Our team co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks with agility, performance and value. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.