MANHATTAN BEACH, CA--(Marketwired - April 17, 2014) -
- Half-day Afternoon Conference Will Focus on Key Aspects of Buying, Selling, and Merging Wealth Management Businesses
- Sister Session in Morning Will Focus on Maximizing Firm Valuation and the Top Ten Valuation Drivers
- Speakers Include Tim Welsh, Greg Friedman -- Conference Objective is Focused on Sharing of the Insights of Seasoned Experts Regarding Deal Making, Coupled With Powerful Networking Opportunities
Echelon Partners announced the speakers for the New York-based version of their popular Deals and Deal Makers Summit to be held at the Westin Times Square hotel in mid-town Manhattan on May 1, 2014. The DDM Summit will begin immediately following lunch, and a morning session sponsored by Laserfiche and Junxure (http://tinyurl.com/o2pm9aw). Among the afternoon presenters will be Mark Tibergien, CEO of Pershing Advisor Solutions, Lewis Schiff, Executive Director of the Inc. Business Owners Council, and Dan Seivert, CEO of Echelon Partners.
Launched in the fall of 2013 in Santa Monica, CA, the Deals and Deal Makers ("DDM") Summit is a different kind of conference, one focused entirely on the art and science of the deal. Every presentation is designed to educate and inspire potential deal makers with wisdom they can directly apply to the inorganic growth strategy of their own wealth management business.
"Deal makers are constantly challenged, and the competitive landscape is always evolving," said Seivert. "We are creating a very highly-focused event for entrepreneurial wealth managers to gain competitive advantage and network in a unique environment. Unlike some of the industry's massive conferences, the DDM Summit is designed to be smaller in scale so as to optimize learning and personal interaction… and the attendees like it that way."
Messrs. Tibergien and Seivert will take the stage in a unique debate style format titled, "The Future of Wealth Management: A Deal Maker's Perspective," wherein they will address points and counter points regarding the future of the industry, moderated by Echelon's Tyler Resh. They have purposefully taken opposing positions to allow the audience to evaluate certain choices, elevate their understanding of the issues, and to exercise critical judgment when confronting them.
The audience will learn:
- If there is or is not a lack of alignment in the number of buyers and sellers in the wealth management industry
- If the industry's valuation paradigm is based more on folklore or the theory of finance
- Whether the number of brokers breaking away from wirehouses is poised to increase or decrease
- Whether retiring advisors are better off staying in a reduced role or leaving the business all together
- Whether the wealth management industry is poised to lose more talent than it is attracting and developing
- Whether advisory practice valuations decrease as the age of the founding advisors and their clients increases
In "Business Brilliance: Inside the Deals of the Greatest Self-Made Business Icons," Schiff asks, "When the going gets tough, what do "the tough" (self-made Americans) do differently than the rest of us?" Schiff's exclusive research identifies how successful business leaders excel in areas of team building, risk management and leadership development to accumulate wealth for themselves.
He will explain what Millionaire Deal Makers:
- are exceptionally good at... that makes them money
- do to complete tasks they are not good at
- employ as their pricing strategy of choice
- pursue as their primary source of wealth
- do differently in their networking strategies
- do to optimize business failures
"I have been to a number of conferences for the investment industry, and Echelon's 'Deals and Deal Maker's' event was truly unique," Says Neal Simon, CEO of Highline Wealth Management. "As far as I know, it is the first event focused exclusively on mergers and acquisitions in the investment management industry."
The Mission of the DDM Summit is to provide wealth managers with advanced education and training, unparalleled networking opportunities and a unique experience that stands apart from other industry conferences and workshops.
To register for the event, please visit www.dealsanddealmakers.com. To register as a media guest, please contact Jason Lahita at (973)460-7837 or email@example.com.
About Echelon Partners
At ECHELON Partners www.echelon-partners.com we combine the high quality expected of a large investment bank with the high touch expected of a personal boutique. Unlike traditional investment bankers, the ECHELON Partners team brings together financial advisory, strategic consulting, and senior-level operational experience to each engagement. We believe the keys to successfully serving clients in this industry are a deep understanding of the business, an extensive network of contacts, a powerful set of processes and databases, integrity, and trust. ECHELON Partners is committed to bringing all of these qualities to every client assignment. With a track record spanning hundreds of engagements, our team understands the unique needs of owners and executives.
About The Deals and Deal Makers Summit 2014 NYC
THE DDM SUMMIT 2014: NYC, www.dealsanddealmakers.com, will provide an educational platform in conjunction with an innovative networking experience to foster development of the premier network of deal makers in the wealth management industry. We take pride in our relationship with firms across the wealth management industry, and we view hosting this event as an opportunity to share with you our powerful research foundation and experience advising hundreds of firms in the industry.
Wealth Managers have specific needs across the topic areas this event is positioned to address. In addition, they need to develop relationships to realize the deals they aspire to execute.
We have assembled deal leaders from across the industry with expertise in various fields to address the issues surrounding M&A, executive search, psychology of change, and the legal aspects of doing deals. Our goal is to introduce the concepts and develop the relationships necessary for realizing deals.