CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - July 5, 2012) - Edge Resources Inc. ("Edge" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:EDE)(AIM:EDG) is pleased to announce that the admission and unconditional dealings of its common shares commenced at 8:00am (GMT) today on the AIM market ("AIM"), a listed securities market of the London Stock Exchange under the TIDM identifier EDG, with ISIN Code CA27986R1010. Edge will continue to be listed and actively traded on the TSX Venture Exchange ("TSXV").
- Edge is a dual AIM and TSXV listed company focused on the exploration and production of oil and gas in Western Canada
- The Company is currently producing at a rate of 867 boepd (May 2012, measured at the wellhead) and is cash flow positive on a monthly basis
- In accordance with its strategy, the Company has (i) made a series of relatively low cost acquisitions then (ii) enhanced those acquisitions through successful drilling and completions activities, and (iii) successfully cased 100% of the wells it has drilled to date
- The Company's reserves are located in the Primate area of Saskatchewan (oil), the Grand Forks area of Alberta (oil) and the Gilby/Willesden Green area of Alberta (natural gas)
- The Company has consistently increased its reserves on an annual basis, with a current Proved + Probable NPV10 value, based on the March 31, 2012 NI 51-101 engineering report of CDN$63.2 million
- In March 2012, the Company announced that it had raised CDN$4.5 million from Henderson Global Investors ("Henderson") to fund an initial phase of focused drilling on oil prospects in existing property in both Primate and Grand Forks
Edge currently has, and will have, 105,929,740 common shares in issue immediately following Admission.
Merchant Securities Limited is the Nominated Adviser and Broker to the Company.
Brad Nichol, President & CEO, commented, "In today's extremely challenging capital environment we are very pleased to have been successfully admitted to AIM. The dual listing will serve many purposes. Firstly, to better support the nearly 50% of our current shareholders who are European-based. Secondly, to build on the strength of our existing capital partnerships and to foster new, mostly institutional relationships. Thirdly, to access the more readily available and lower cost capital that the London market has to offer. Both the AIM and TSXV listings will give the Company better access to new and existing sources of capital that will offer the Company greater flexibility and opportunity to fund its aggressive growth plans." Nichol added, "With an aggressive oil-focused growth strategy in Saskatchewan's heavy oil hotbed, access to capital is a differentiating factor of critical importance. As a dually listed company, we are far better positioned than the majority of junior oil & gas companies to take advantage of the numerous opportunities available."
About Edge Resources Inc.
Edge Resources is focused on developing a balanced portfolio of oil and natural gas assets from properties in Alberta and Saskatchewan, Canada. Management has consistently focused on:
- Pools and horizons with exceptionally high reserves in place
- High working interests and fully operated assets
- Shallow, vertical, conventional programs with reduced risk and capital requirements
The management team's very high drilling success rate is based on the safe, efficient deployment of capital and a proven ability to efficiently execute in shallow formations, which gives Edge Resources a sustainable, low-cost, competitive advantage.
About Henderson Global Investments Limited
Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset management firm. The company provides its institutional, retail, and high net-worth clients access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, property and private equity. With its principal place of business in London, Henderson is one of Europe's largest investment managers, with approximately £64.3 billion (CDN$101.3 billion) assets under management.
For more information, visit the company website: www.edgeres.com.
This release includes certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements". All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address future production, reserve potential, exploration drilling, exploitation activities and events or developments that the Company expects are forward-looking statements. Although the Company believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include market prices, exploitation and exploration successes, continued availability of capital and financing, and general economic, market or business conditions. Investors are cautioned that any such statements are not guarantees of future performance and those actual results or developments may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. For more information on the Company, Investors should review the Company's registered filings which are available at www.sedar.com.
Barrel ("bbl") of oil equivalent ("boe") amounts may be misleading particularly if used in isolation. All boe conversions in this report are calculated using a conversion of six thousand cubic feet of natural gas to one equivalent barrel of oil (6 mcf=1 bbl) and is based on an energy conversion method primarily applicable at the burner tip and does not represent a value equivalency at the well head.
This news release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of any offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The securities offered have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.
Trading in the securities of Edge Resources Inc. should be considered highly speculative.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.