LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 8, 2012) - Open enrollment is a time when employers and employees make changes to their benefit plans. It most often occurs between October and December and is one of the busiest periods of the year for insurance professionals. As employers anticipate an average 7 percent increase in health care costs in 2013, this year's open enrollment may be even more hectic due to shifts in employees' benefits packages to manage rising costs. In fact, enrollment in high deductible health care plans has increased more than 15 percent over the past five years, according to the National Center for Health Statistics.
eFax®, a provider of online fax services since 1996 and a brand of j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM), helps agents and brokers work more efficiently and from almost anywhere. While they are out in the field hosting enrollment meetings or presenting Medicare plans at senior seminars, their paperwork still floods in. Thus, it is critical for insurance professionals to securely send, receive and manage faxes from anywhere.
eFax has many features and benefits that help insurance professionals manage the paperwork demands of the enrollment period:
- Case management - Insurance agents and brokers can view and respond to faxed documents from their email inbox. When clients fax requests for coverage information, agents can instantly view and respond as needed, whether in the office or on the road.
- Prescription for productivity - eFax eliminates the need to print, sign and scan just to move a document forward. An Internet fax service can send and receive "paperless" faxes complete with official signatures. Employers and clients can send documents requiring a signature to an eFax account. Simply add a digitized signature online from a computer, tablet or smartphone. Learn more about how to use eFax digitized signatures in this video.
- Preventive measures - Confidentiality is critical to insurance professionals. Policy information, bills for procedures and other sensitive documents must be handled with care. However, it is not always possible to be near a fax machine especially during open enrollment. eFax provides a secure, encrypted faxing option so that faxes can be sent and received by email.
- Portable coverage - Insurance agents' secret weapon is an online fax service that has a mobile app. The mobile app gives agents the power to seamlessly manage time sensitive documents from the palm of their hands. Using an iPhone or Android smartphone, you can fax any document using your phone's camera: simply point, shoot and send. Learn more about the eFax mobile app for iPhone in this You Tube video.
- Long term care - eFax automatically saves every fax that insurance professionals send and receive, making it easy for them to confirm when and where documents were sent. With unlimited lifetime storage, documents are securely archived online making it easy to retrieve them at any time from any location.
"A big challenge for insurance professionals is in managing all the paperwork," said Sam Muradyan, co-owner of Liberty United Insurance Service Inc. "When I first started my business in 2007, I was constantly overwhelmed by the copious amount of incoming hard copy faxes that I had to review, respond to, sort and file. However, after using eFax, managing paperwork is no longer time-consuming because I can send and receive faxes as email attachments and then easily file them electronically. eFax has helped me secure more sales and connect with my customers five to six times faster than faxing with a traditional fax machine."
With eFax, insurance professionals can easily send, receive and access important documents on demand. eFax provides time and resource-efficient features that make it easy to store and access documents. For a free trial of eFax please visit www.efax.com/Free-Trial.
The eFax branded service is a pioneer in the fax business, with a string of technology and business firsts dating back to 1996. Individuals and small businesses can learn more about sending and receiving faxes online at www.efax.com. For medium to large businesses with 10 to 10,000 employees or high volume faxing needs, more information is available at www.efaxcorporate.com.
For more information please visit the eFax blog at http://blog.efax.com/. A video can be viewed here or on the eFax YouTube channel.
eFax is a brand and registered trademark of j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM) and is online at www.efax.com.
About j2 Global™
Founded in 1995, j2 Global, Inc. provides cloud services to individuals and businesses around the world. j2 Global's network spans 49 countries on six continents. The Company offers Internet fax, voice and email solutions. j2 Global markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, Onebox®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and CampaignerCRM™.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.