MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - August 20, 2013) - eHuman, Inc., the industry leader in 3D interactive dental education software announced today a new release of their flagship product, 3D Tooth Atlas version 7.0 (v.7.0). This release delivers many improvements to the software such as new and improved features, new 3D models, increased compatibility, and functionality. Built upon a new and exciting platform, this latest release of the Tooth Atlas sports a sleeker interface, faster graphic loading times, and better performance.
"This new version will further empower educators, students, and practitioners with new, enhanced content and refined features for a greater user experience and comprehensive teaching tool," said Dr. Charles Goodacre, faculty Professor and former Dean of at Loma Linda School of Dentistry. "Version 7.0 is light years ahead of its previous version. It is a very valuable educational resource for any dental school looking at adopting leading technology to assist in its pedagogical goals," added Dr. Goodacre.
Tooth Atlas v7.0 is compatible with a greater variety of web browsers, operating systems, and platforms than any of the previously released versions, providing users with added flexibility. Customers are very excited about the 3D stereo feature, which allows users to view dental anatomy in realistic three dimensional splendor. "This is by far the most detailed and comprehensive visualization of dental anatomy, both internally and externally, ever designed. Educators can take their lectures to a whole new level allowing students to develop their competencies with superior illustrations of dental anatomy," said Dr. Kevin Montgomery, VP of Engineering at eHuman, Inc.
Another major modification to Tooth Atlas v7.0 is the added content to the neuroanatomical section, now also including an anatomically detailed and complex 3D model set on cranial nerves and brainstem. This innovative 3D model set allows users to trace the connections from the tooth nerves through the skull foramina to the brainstem. It will be instrumental to educators who are demonstrating the normal neuroanatomical structures and functions of the nervous system and provide students with the working knowledge of the brain and spinal cord and the significance of pathological changes in function.
Full new list of New 3D Models:
- New cranial nerves plus brainstem model set
- Trace the connections from the tooth nerves through the skull foramina to the brainstem
- Teeth models from Perfect Tooth software program
- Mandibular & maxillary arterial supply and innervation
- Occlusion type I, II, III with the ability to compare various occlusions at once
- Tooth CT scans
- Enhanced 3D cutting planes for superior pulp visibility
- Improved user interface for easier navigation and content access
- Faster loading times and better performance
- Easy license reactivation and improved installation experience
- Stereo 3D compatibility for Windows Application (Requires compatible stereo 3D hardware -- optional)
- Accessible online, download link, DVD-ROM
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows 7 and 8
This Atlas still maintains many of the former features, Universal, Palmer, and International numbering of each tooth and is equipped with a variety of 3D Model sets of teeth and pulp annotations, x-rays, and quizzes. The software provides users with the ability to view three-dimensional teeth that can be rotated, zoomed, and moved around the screen. The program also boasts the ability to show all of dental anatomy both internally and externally.
Dental anatomy educators will find the Tooth Atlas 7, with its interactive and anatomically accurate representations, a comprehensive tool during lectures and presentations for the teaching of the intricate dental anatomy.
eHuman's software products continue to be a worldwide standard for dental and medical education.
Operating System Requirements
- Windows XP, & 7, 8
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 (Lion), 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- 1 GB RAM
- 256 MB or higher dedicated graphic card or an integrated graphics with at least 4GB of system memory
- 1.0 GHz processor or higher
- 5GB Hard Drive Space (Installed version)
- SSE2 compliant CPU (or newer)
Web Browser Requirements:
- Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer (PC)
- Requires: Unity Player Plugin
For all current customers, a new license file will be required. The new 7.0 release is not an upgrade. Tooth Atlas 7.0 will install in a new directory and create a new profile. It will not affect your previous versions.
eHuman develops interactive, immersive, next-generational education applications that radically transform dental and medical education. Our award-winning, advanced learning technology empowers better understanding for educators, students, and practitioners alike.