SOURCE: Embarcadero Technologies
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 14, 2014) - Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today announced its presence at DeveloperWeek, a popular developer conference taking place Feb. 18-21, 2014, in San Francisco. Jim McKeeth, developer evangelist at Embarcadero Technologies, will be presenting on strategies for building native applications on iOS and Android with a single code base at the conference. In addition, today Embarcadero is announcing its metadata governance solution CONNECT was selected a DeveloperWeek 2014 Innovator Awards winner in the database development category.
- Who: Jim McKeeth, developer evangelist at Embarcadero Technologies
- What: The "Embarcadero Technologies: Strategies for Building Native Applications on iOS & Android with a Single Code Base" presentation will cover how it is now possible to build true native applications for popular mobile platforms from the same codebase with the release of Embarcadero Delphi XE5. This session takes a closer look at the strategies to target both iOS and Android from the same codebase. The discussion will go beyond basic applications and will look at the ins and outs of accessing platform APIs, customizing the user experience based on device and improving the user experience.
- When: Feb. 18, 2014, 1:00-1:40 pm PT
- Where: Terra Gallery and Event Venue (511 Harrison St., San Francisco, CA 94105)
- Mobile + Device Summit -- Workshop Room 1
DeveloperWeek 2014 Innovator Awards
- DeveloperWeek 2014 Innovator Awards recognize brand new developer technologies with award decisions made by crowd vote and DeveloperWeek advisory board input.
- Embarcadero's CONNECT solution won the database development tools category. Launched in September 2013, CONNECT was designed to make database tools smarter and users experts, by giving data "on-the-fly" business context and supporting it with collaboration capabilities. From database administrators, architects, modelers and developers, to governance administrators and business users, CONNECT is a one-of-a-kind platform that puts all of an organization's constituents on the same page, without requiring existing technologies to be replaced. CONNECT integrates business definitions, models, and metadata with data management and development tools, giving all users on-the-fly business context for their data.
To register for DeveloperWeek: http://developerweek.com/about/register/
To learn more about CONNECT, go to: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/connect
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.