SOURCE: EMED Mining Public Limited
NICOSIA, CYPRUS--(Marketwired - Aug 15, 2014) - EMED Mining Public Limited (TSX: EMD) (AIM: EMED)
HALF YEARLY REPORT
15 August 2014
EMED Mining Public Limited (AIM: EMED, TSX: EMD) ("EMED Mining" or "the Company"), the Europe-based minerals development and exploration company, announces its unaudited interim results for the half-year ended 30 June 2014.
The full unaudited Half Yearly Report (as required by Toronto Stock Exchange reporting standards), including the condensed, interim consolidated Financial Statements and the Management Discussion and Analysis relating to the Company, are available under the Company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and on the Company's website at www.emed-mining.com.
- On 11 April 2014, the President of the Government of Andalucía authorised the transfer of the Riotinto Mineral Rights thus granting Administrative Standing (AS) for the project. This followed the receipt of the Unified Environmental Authorisation ("AAU") on 28 March 2014.
- These permits incorporate all the requirements and conditions of the relevant regulations and are consistent with Company submissions. The Company has to date fulfilled all the requirements, including the deposit of a guarantee for EUR 6,034,000 via its wholly owned Spanish subsidiary, EMED Tartessus.
- The Company is working closely with the Junta to address certain aspects of the requirements to ensure that best available techniques are used so that environmental objectives are achieved in the most efficient way possible. The Company is primarily addressing the restoration plan in relation to the treatment of waste dumps leachates, and on the sealing of old waste dump areas to mitigate the generation of acidic waters.
- The Government of Andalucía, awarded an EUR 8.8 million grant to EMED Tartessus, in order to support the modernisation of the Rio Tinto Copper Project facilities. The grant will be payable as a reimbursement of EMED's expenditure as project execution progresses and after due process is completed.
- Mr Isaac Querub was appointed as Managing Director and CEO of EMED Mining and Vice President of EMED Tartessus.
- Mr Alberto Lavandeira was appointed as CEO of EMED Tartessus and COO and Executive Director of EMED Mining.
To view the full announcement, please click on the following link.