SOURCE: Industrial Info Resources

September 11, 2008 06:00 ET

Enel to Build Offshore Mediterranean Windfarm of Up to 575 Megawatts, an Industrial Info News Alert

CORDOBA, ARGENTINA--(Marketwire - September 11, 2008) - Researched by Industrial Info Resources (Sugar Land, Texas) -- In July 2008, the Italian utilities company Enel SpA (BIT:ENEL) (Rome, Italy) began the process of obtaining permission to build an offshore windfarm of up to 575 megawatts (MW) in the Gela Gulf off of the Sicilian Mediterranean coast. The project will be carried out by the joint venture formed by Enel, which owns a 53% stake, and the Sicilian Moncada Energy Group Srl (Agrigento, Italy), which holds the remaining 47%.

For details, view the entire article by subscribing to Industrial Info's Premium Industry News at http://www.industrialinfo.com/showNews.jsp?newsitemID=138693, or browse other breaking industrial news stories at www.industrialinfo.com.

Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is a marketing information service specializing in industrial process, energy and financial related markets with products and services ranging from industry news, analytics, forecasting, plant and project databases, as well as multimedia services. For more information send inquiries to powergroup@industrialinfo.com or visit us online at www.industrialinfo.com.

Related News Articles

Essent's Westereems Windfarm to be Fully Operational by Early 2009

United Kingdom's 504-Megawatt Offshore Windfarm Contracts Fluor and Siemens

Major Slice of RWE's $47 Billion Power Investment Going International

Contact Information

  • Contact:
    Joe Govreau
    713-783-5147