LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 25, 2012) - eFax®, the provider of cloud-based fax services since 1995 and a brand of j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM), today released an update of the eFax app for Android that enables business professionals to approve, sign or initial important business documents such as contracts or invoices directly from their Android smartphones and tablets. The eFax Android app allows business professionals to manage, update and move important documents anytime, anywhere to keep productivity on the fast track. View a demo of the app on YouTube here.
The main alternative to iOS, Android devices continue to grow in popularity among consumers and the business community. According to Google, 1 million Android devices are activated every day, and the platform passed 400 million activations earlier this year. Tablets are driving much of this growth as new devices hit the market every month. In addition to adding new features, the new eFax app for Android is specially designed to take advantage of the larger screen size and enhanced resolution in support of the proliferation of tablets.
"Today's business is mobile. Our customers need to be able to close a deal, process an order, or approve an expense in the office, at home, or on the road" said Mike Pugh, vice president, marketing of j2 Global. "The new eFax Android app gives busy professionals all the power of a fax machine, a document management system, and digitized signatures in the palm of their hand. Paper has met the cloud."
New features include the ability to electronically sign received faxes, as well as the ability to fax email attachments from files kept locally or from documents stored in the cloud. This allows subscribers to easily send documents from wherever they are. eFax has also integrated the Android app with its web service by merging contact lists and archived files.
The App, which can be downloaded here, includes the following fax and document management features:
- Create and send faxes -- take photos of documents and the app will enhance the images, attach multiple pages and fax them out just like a fax machine. Documents that are attached to an email, stored in the cloud or stored locally can also be faxed.
- Update and sign documents -- amend contracts, approve documents and sign paperwork electronically from any Android device.
- View and search faxes -- quickly view and search all received faxes. Faxes are converted to searchable documents using optical character recognition technology, allowing them to be acted upon anywhere, anytime.
- Use cover sheets and contact lists -- create fax cover sheets and use the device contact list or eFax contact list online to easily populate them.
- Tag and archive faxes -- add search tags to individual faxes and archive them for convenient access later.
- Forward capabilities -- forward fax messages from your inbox as emails or faxes to anyone.
For more information on the eFax app for Android please visit http://www.efax.com/android or go to the eFax blog at http://blog.efax.com/. A demo video can be viewed on the eFax YouTube channel here. To listen to an eFax product manager podcast interview please visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/eFaxPodcasts.
eFax is a brand and registered trademark of j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM) and is online at www.efax.com.
About j2 Global™
Founded in 1995, j2 Global, Inc. provides cloud services to individuals and businesses around the world. j2 Global's network spans 49 countries on six continents. The Company offers Internet fax, voice and email solutions. j2 Global markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, Onebox®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and CampaignerCRM™.
Android is a trademark of Google® Inc and is registered in the U.S. and other countries.